DELEON, DARBY - Jamaica, Kingston, St. Elizabeth/St. Andrew

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

DELEON, DARBY - Jamaica, Kingston, St. Elizabeth/St. Andrew

Postby KADJ » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:22 pm

K. Darby, looking for the ancestors of a specific branch of the Kingston DeLeon's: Hubert George Deleon Sr. b. approx. 1879, m. to Gertrude Agusta Calnek and had at least 7 children between 1907 - 1924. Have found many others allegedly linked to Joseph Rodrigues DeLeon, but none list Hubert. H.G. DeLeon or "Bertie" was some kind of administrator for the Jamaican Athletic Association in Kingston and handicapped horse racing in the Gleaner, among other things.

He had one son with the same name (*H. G. DeLeon Jr.) and another son named Noel George who moved to Florida, USA and then England.

H. G. DeLeon had a child out of wedlock with a cook who lived with his family and she was my grandmother Viola DeLeon. Viola married my Grandfather Perceval A. Darby in the 1920's or 1930's.

I am also interested in Darby's and Nethersole's in and around Kingston during the late 1800' as they would be related to my Great Grandparents Charles Henry Darby and Alice Victoria Nethersole. (I've been told Alice had some connection to Noel Newton Nethersole, but I haven't been able to establish any link thus far)

I have a moderately extensive family tree started and would be happy to help others on the same path.

Thanks in advance and good hunting
KADJ

Re: DELEON, DARBY - Jamaica, Kingston, St. Elizabeth/St. And

Postby Longtimesearching » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:14 pm

Your post is a few years old and so I'm hoping someone will see this and share some information. My husbands father was born in Kingston 1929. The story goes his name was Harold Ivan Darby son of Victor Alexander Darby. When Victor died his good friend Persival Dakers took care of him as his own. I have just started a search on Ancestry but I'm running into a wall when is comes to information about Victor and who his father could be. My husband has 7 brothers and sister with the Dakers name of which they are very proud of. They would just like to know about the Darby's as that is their bloodline. My husband is also just submitted his DNA for testing. Hoping that helps.
Longtimesearching

Postby bimjim » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:19 pm

I had a quick look-around on familysearch for you. I can't find much else for those two names.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QVS5-NBDN
Victor Alexander Darby with Estimated Birth Year 1894 died in Jamaica 05 Jan 1938, age 44.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:K5M3-YKD
Victor Alexander Darby married Ambrozine Albertha Creary 05 Nov 1919 in Saint Catherine, Jamaica
bimjim
Site Admin

Postby Longtimesearching » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:13 am

Wow! Thank you. I will check out the links now and hope it leads somewhere
Longtimesearching

Return to Surnames D