FYFFE, WATSON - Jamaica, St. Mary

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

FYFFE, WATSON - Jamaica, St. Mary

Postby celia » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:54 pm

Seeking ancestry of Charlotte Fyffe and Charles Watson who married about 1868. Their children: Dorcas, Edgar, Walter and Lilly

Thank you,
Celia
Last edited by celia on Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
celia

Re: FYFFE, WATSON - Jamaica, St. Mary

Postby Watson5 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:08 pm

Hello, my name is Ava Watson and I just received word that you are my cousin as per Philip Alford. We are all seemingly embarking on the same journey to find out more about our ancesters.

I know for a fact my father was Dorrel Keith watson, his father was David Lawrence Watson, and his father was Charles Watson. The problem is which Charles Watson. Apparently Charles was a common name back then, but I am almost certain my greatgrandfather Charles was married to a Coy, and I have been able to link Charles and Charlotte to a David Watson.

But... Philip seems to think Charlotte's last name was Fyffe. The fact is Philip Alford, Dagmar Berry and John Hudson are all DNA matches. John Hudson's father was a Coy (yes he wasn't given his father's last name,long story). My father told my brother that we wer related to Coy a wealthy family in St. Mary. Charlotte Coy had her children in St. Mary. Yes I know Charlotte Fyffe did also.

My father has a typed family tree from back in the 1970's or 1980's that lists Walter and Lily as his aunt and uncle (David's brother and sister). On my grandparents' Marriage certificate, one of the witnesses was A. L Coy.

So that brings in the Lilybelle Watson link. Lilybelle delivered a baby girl name Ruby Rose with Charlie George and Sydney Coy was listed as present ath the birth. so all this to say there seems be a lot of Watson/Coy evidence.
Watson5

Postby celia » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:01 pm

Hello Ava, I am not sure what point you are trying to make. I understand that the Watsons were ALL related - there were MANY of them. Would you please say how Charles Watson who was married to Charlotte Fyffe is connected to your Watsons and Fyffes and show the document?

Thank you.
celia

Postby Watson5 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:55 pm

Hi Celia, nice to meet to and thanks for a prompt response. I don't know of any Fyffe relationship. Everything I have points to a Coy relationship. I sent some info to Philip via email. I know this site frowns on sharing email so Philip can share what I sent him with you.
Watson5

Postby celia » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:03 pm

Hello again Ava, I know the Watsons (as far as my family is concerned) were Friends with the Coys - however ALL the siblings of Lilly Watson have Charlotte Fyffe as their mother. I need proof to the contrary.... I am awaiting Philip/ your update.....
celia

Postby Watson5 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:09 pm

I sent Philip what I extracted from the documents I saw on Family Search. I'm going to send him the actual documents so you can have the full picture.
Watson5

Postby Watson5 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:04 pm

Hi Celia, I received several family tree diagrams from a Watson DNA Match who is a Coy and refuses in California. She has done some extensive research. I sent the documents to Philip and asked that he share it with you. From what I say which I felt was most compelling, Charlotte was born Fyffe she married Coy and had many children with him, but also had many children with Charles Watson. The names of the Watson children were: Walter, Edgar, David, Clarence, James and LiliBelle. :D
Watson5

Postby celia » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:52 pm

Hello Ava, I am happy to tell you I have seen the family tree you sent to Philip. I wish they had been copied flat but I am VERY GLAD to say that I believe much of it is true. It has put together a lot of information that I had but with no idea how to assemble it together. Is John Hudson connected to you, as I have also received a message from him but not much detail yet? I know that Charles Watson & Charlotte (Fyffe/Coy/Watson) had only 3 children - Edgar, Walter & Lillybelle. I read a book a few years ago by Dr. Erna Brodber "Woodside, Pear Tree Grove P.O." which give some of the information about the Fyffe/Lindsay & other connections. Parts of the book is accessible on line. Good to have confirmation of some information that I had. I am still sorting thru - it is a LOT! Thank you - Celia
celia

Postby Watson5 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:18 am

Sorry about the typo's, I was on my cellphone and didn't have my glasses on. Would love to eventually have one wall copy of the entire tree when all is said and done and of course meet with available family. Yes John Hudson is a DNA match, my second cousin, and the son of Reginald Coy. His mother is the missing link in his life. She had him at 16 years old and Reginald was much older at the time. Because of the ilegitimacy factor she was ultimately sent to England and never returned for John or kept in contact. Her name was Joyce Evadne Mason and there is no record of her thus far.
Watson5

Postby celia » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:25 am

Hello Ava, I have been trying to sort through this puzzle. I have found Adeline Watson & David Watson children of Charles & Charlotte Watson. Have NOT been able to find Clarence or James so far. I believe I was told your Dad is David Watson. Is he Charles Watson's son? Thanks - Celia
celia

Postby Watson5 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:11 pm

Hi Celia,
David Watson was my grandfather. Dorrel Watson was my father (his birth certificate spells his name Darrel, but he changed his name). A cousin in JA Reginald Watson told me my grandfather David had 2 brothers, don’t know their names. I was supposed to invite you to the tree I started at a website that’s interactive. Can’t remember if I did, so much going on. I will this weekend. Philip sent me your email.
Watson5

Postby celia » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:25 pm

Hi Ava, Got you e-mail messages. C.
celia

Return to Surnames C