CHAMBERS, Jamaica, Hanover

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

CHAMBERS,Jamaica, Hanover

Postby Messages » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:34 pm

Annette Flash, Just replying about Ernest Archibald Chambers from Lucea Hanover. I have been looking for information on my mothers father. I think my mother is one of the children from one of his relationship. My mother said he was a fisherman at Chissum Beach in Lucea. She only knew of 2 brothers Bob and Bill i was thinking Bob could have been short for Robert and Bill Could have been William also she said 2 sisters Maggie which I would say was Margaret and Mary. The dates are about right. My mother came from Roslyn Lucea

CHAMBERS, jamaica, Hanover

Postby Messages » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:40 pm

Hi this is Annette Flash again. I definately think its the same Ernest Chambers because my mom said she suppose to be related to some Chisholm. Also my grandfather was suppose to be a fisherman at Chisholm Beach I don't know if I have spelt Chisholm correctly. If you get this message please contact me I really want to find out about my grandparents and my other relations out there. Thankyou.

CHAMBERS, jamaica, Hanover

Postby Messages » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:18 pm

Hi this annette. I am so happy to hear from you. I will tell you about the Petgrave connection. But first my mother is still alive. My mother had a half sister who too was a child in a relationship with Ernest Chambers. They both married the Petgrave brothers and all emigrated to England. My Aunt Kathleen and Uncle Birty both went back to Jamaica, Lucea. But unfortunately both have passed away. My cousin Earl that I was telling you about his dad was also another child out of a relationship with Ernest Chambers. My mom said his name is Charlie I have no idea if he is still alive. Please Please stay in touch and could you tell me more of my descendants. Thankyou.

Re: CHAMBERS, Jamaica, Hanover

Postby OBrien Bennett » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:22 am

My mother's maiden name is Chambers and she is 78 years old. She tells me that her father Nelson Chamber's father (my great grandfather) was one of four Chambers brothers that came to Jamaica. They fathered many children. My mother and I moved to england in the 60s. I would dearly like to find out more about my lineage and seeing your update encouraged me to join the site. Have you heard a similar story to the one my mother told me?
OBrien Bennett

Postby Don Chambers » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:28 am

Hi, I am Don Chambers. I live in Montego Bay, Jamaica.

Ernest Chambers was my grandfather. I know Bill, Bob and Mary - his brothers and sisters. Ernest had many children.

My father was Wilfred William Chambers. He told us that William was his grandfather. William and other brothers came to Jamaica from England. They stayed on in Lucea and fathered many children.

Ernest Chambers especially had many children. My father was among the older ones. He would have been 101 yrs old now. He died 29 years ago. From Ernest's children, I know about Rita Chambers, Kathleen Chambers, William Chambers, Hubert Chambers, Herbert Chambers, Author Chambers, Amy Chambers, Maggie Chambers, Octo Chambers, and Uncle Tom Chambers (who died many years ago accidentally). His children are still in Jamaica and Canada.

There are others. I will see Auntie Amy soon to get the names of the others.

These is also Harold Chambers. I knew one Nelson Chambers. He lived in Chigwell, Hanover.

I think Obrien might be connected to this line of Chambers. I have already been communicating with Annette Flash, daughter of Rita Chambers. My father told me about aunt Rita. Harold Chambers the 2nd, known commonly as Theo Chambers in Lucea, has done some research on the Chambers family. He has valuable information.

I will also speak with Mr Noel Brown who personally Knew Ernest Chambers, Bob, Bill, Mary, Amy and others. Ernest Chambers along with his brothers Bob and Bill and Aunt Mary were all Jehovah's Witnesses.

Although Uncle Bob was blind, he could sing very well. I will be researching and compiling information on the Chambers. Not much is known about the Chisolm side. Yes, I know where Chisolm beach is.

We can combine our effort to come up with a good documentation of Ernest Chambers children, some of whom have died.
Don Chambers

Postby C Chambers » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:24 am

I am the grandchild of Tom (Thomas) Chambers, and the daughter of Steve Chambers. My grandfather was murdered back in 1986 while being a member of the police force. I would love to get some information on my grandfather brothers and sisters.
C Chambers

Postby k Lee » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:53 am

Any more new information regarding Ernest Chambers? My father in law's name was mentioned above. He came from Lucea, Hanover and passed way in the early 2000's. His father's name is Ernest Chambers. All of my father in law's children are now in Canada. My father in law also had a brother named Leon who died in New York more than ten years ago.
k Lee

Postby Qbea » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:30 pm

Good afternoon all-
I am looking for information on my paternal grandfather. I believe his name is Herman or Herbert Chambers. The only information I have is that Herman met my grandmother (Elma Lewis) in Kingston Jamaica when she was 19 ( circa1950). My Grandmother had my father Derrick Chambers November 1951 in Kingston. I remember hearing stories that his family possibly owned gas stations in Linstead?? Jamaica and that he was somewhat of a musician. They lived together for a brief time and he then he left. My grandmother sent my father to live with her mother and eventually moved to England. My grandmother never spoke of my grandfather. My dad is the only child my grandmother had and I am the eldest of 2 girls for my dad. As I am approaching 40 I have been very curious about Mr. Chambers hopefully someone will read this and will be able to help me connect with my family.

thank you
~B
Qbea

Return to Surnames C