CLARKE, Mary - Barbados

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

CLARKE, Mary - Barbados

Postby SusanG » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:31 pm

I am searching info on Mary Clarke. She was an English Creole, married to Henry Wiles and they lived in Barbados. She was born in Barbados in 1751. I especially would like to find out the names of her parents.
SusanG

Re: CLARKE, Mary - Barbados

Postby annohn » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:53 pm

Hi,
I don't know whether you can help me as well. I have A Henry Wiles born ? Who had a son David c 1831 He came to England around 1860 ? (woking and London). I have the line from him going to Norway.

I notice that you have Barbados. maybe it is west indies which also "contains" Barbados

Yours John Allan
annohn

Postby Loviniarose » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:47 pm

Hi, I have in my family tree a Mary Jane Clarke who got married to John Richard Elliott in Barbados in 1849, maybe she could have been a descendant of your Mary Clarke.

John Richard Elliott was my great great grandfather, Edward Elliott's brother. The witness at their wedding was Francis Clarke. They resided at White Park Road , St. Michael, Barbados
Loviniarose

Postby SusanG » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:00 pm

My Mary Clarke was married to Henry Wiles and I am trying to find out more about her. The Wiles family which is what I am researching has Creole in and I am trying to find out where in the family line it comes in
SusanG

Postby Graceofsummer » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:39 am

I have a Mary Clark in my tree but thought she was an English wife of Henry Wiles. There is another Mary listed as a "free woman of color" who had several children by Henry Wiles: perhaps as many as 15. Maybe I have the Clark assigned to the wrong Mary. Henry was the brother of James and John. James Wiles, a botanist, sailed on the Providence and completed an 18 month voyage with the infamous Captain Bligh!
Graceofsummer

Return to Surnames C