CHILD - Trinidad

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

CHILD - Trinidad

Postby CACHILD » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:21 am

I am researching my husband's family tree. I am looking for any information on CHARLES ARTHUR CHILD.

CHARLES ARTHUR CHILD was born 27/05/1885 , Port of Spain, Trinidad. Charles was the son of Arthur Child and Ida Maclean. Arthur Child, born in the UK, was also a barrister. In 1882 he was appointed stipendiary magistrate at San Fernando, Trinidad, in that capacity acting also as coroner. In 1887 and 1888 he acted as puisne Judge in Trinidad, and in 1890 he was appointed temporarily as Chief Justice of St Lucia, in the following year being confirmed in that appointment. He also acted as a member of the Court of Appeal of the Windward Islands. In the years 1894 and 1895 he was also appointed to Administrator for the Government of St Lucia. He died in 1902.

Charles Arthur was educated in Trinidad and the UK and was called to the Bar on 13 May 1908. (Register of Admissions Middle Temple 1905)

In 15 February 1926 he was appointed to be of His Majesty's Counsel for Trinidad and Tobago.

From the immigration records he visited the UK on a number of occasions, travelling with his wife Ida Marguerite ??? [surname unknown] (20/03/1894 – Port of Spain) and daughters Dorothy (c1914), Helen Jocelyn (c1918) and Sybil Ida (c1921).

I am interested to find out more about his career as a barrister and his family.

Any information will be gratefully received. :)
CACHILD

Re: CHILD - Trinidad

Postby Ray Dines » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:08 pm

Hello 4 years on I know - so you have probably moved on - but I believe Charles Arthur Child's wife would be Ida Marguerite Liddelow who is one of 6 sisters of Mildred Liddelow who married my Great Uncle George Collyer-Crabbe. I live in Kent, England.
Happy to fill in more detail if you don't already have it.
Regards
Ray
Ray Dines

Return to Surnames C