CAMPBELL, J0HNSON, DOOLEY, DOUGLAS - Jamaica

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

CAMPBELL, J0HNSON, DOOLEY, DOUGLAS - Jamaica

Postby sapphiregemini » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:54 am

hi
My grandparents were Julia (nee Campbell) and Roland Johnson of Crofts Hill, Clarendon and I'm searching for family connections. So far I've found matriarchal family names of Dooley, Campbell, Douglas and patriarchal names Johnson, O'Connor and Brown all in the Ludlow, Point Hill and Crofts Hill areas but this is all after 1878. Can anyone guide me to where I can look for births/deaths before this period? I've found most of this in the LDS search engine. Thanks in advance for any pointers and tips as I'm just starting on this road of discovery!

stay peachy! :D
sapphiregemini
sapphiregemini

Re: CAMPBELL, J0HNSON, DOOLEY, DOUGLAS - Jamaica

Postby Adrian_Stone » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:44 am

Hi there,

I'm not related to your family, but i am researching a number of my family lines in the Crofts Hill, Kellits, Jericho, Comesee, Arthur Seat & Ludlow districts of Clarendon.

Namely Dawkins, Robinson, Lewis, Nedd, Mclarty, Brown, Mckenzie & Brady and the Lewis, Berry, Eastwood, Robinson & Bryce from Fort George in St Ann.

In relation your direct line, i came across a marriage record that will be of interest to you. As you already know, Maud Agatha Dooley married Joseph Nathaniel Campbell.

Maud's Parents are Letitia Douglas and John Peter Dooley, they married on the 25th March 1891 in Crofts Hill (In the presence of Jane Biggs & Phillip Brown).

According to the marriage record, Letitia was born abt 1861, her father is Edward Douglas, John's father is John Dooley Snr. - I also found John's baptism record, he was born on the 16th November 1961 in Crofts Hill - no parents were listed.

Would be great to hear from you and anyone researching the family names I mentioned above, particularly in the slavery period, and anyone researching the history of Kellits.

All the best

Adrian
Adrian_Stone

Postby Ceddie » Tue May 17, 2016 7:56 pm

I am Cedric Johnson, parents from Crofts Hill. I am related to Uncle Roland Johnson.

My Dad was Onis Johnson (Uncle Sam), he passed away May 2013, and is buried in the family plot in Crofts Hill.

(Father, Mother, (O'Connor's Grand Ma name before she was married to Johnson) Brother,(Uncle Norval), Sister (Aunt Lena) and her husband).

I own the property and house. Relatives live there and maintain the property.

Retired US Air Force, I live in Florida & Georgia.
Ceddie

Postby sapphiregemini » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:24 pm

hi Cedric

thanks for the update! my mother is Sylvia Martin (Johnson) and we were raised in Canada. I wonder if you would know of a family named Chang from Clarendon & Frankfield? I have a friend whose Grandmother was Katherine Johnson who married Chang and i wondered if she was also related to Grandpa's family? It seems like every Johnson or Campbell out that way is ours :D
sapphiregemini

Postby MStewart » Sat May 06, 2017 7:34 pm

Hi there,

It seems like all the Johnsons in the Crofts Hill area are related. My family are Johnson from the Crofts Hill/Georges Hill area and I was told by my Uncle that Roland and his brothers and sisters were his cousins. Did you manage to go back any further in your search?
MStewart

Return to Surnames C