BUTLER - COOKE - WILLOCK - PROTHEROE - Antigua

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

BUTLER - COOKE - WILLOCK - PROTHEROE - Antigua

Postby Lou » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:33 am

Searching for any information regarding William Butler (1742-1805), merchant of North Road, St Johns, Antigua, and his wife, Elizabeth nee Cooke, died 1815 (I have her will). Also their children, John Laforey Butler (1786-1848), William Henry Butler (1791-1822), Lewis James Butler(1793-1860) and Margaret Pearson Butler (died 1868).

Also seeking information on John Butler, younger brother of William, and his wife Elizabeth nee Willock (baptised 8 Feb 1767) daughter of Alexander Willock of Antigua.

The parents of William and John were William Butler (1720-1800) and Catherine nee Protheroe (1724-1801)
Lou

Re: BUTLER - COOKE - WILLOCK - PROTHEROE - Antigua

Postby Pamela » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:45 pm

Hi,
I am one of the great-granddaughters of Nicolas and Louisa Riley of Montserrat. Louisa's maiden name was Willock. Would love to know if your "Willock" is related to ours. We have been trying to find more information about Nicolas and Louisa Riley. We know for sure they had at least two sons, who were twins, one being my grandfather John Douglas Riley, my father's (Samuel Riley) father. We have not been able to find the name of his twin brother. Hope to hear from you!

Pam Riley Bassett-Carmalt
Pamela

Re: BUTLER - COOKE - WILLOCK - PROTHEROE - Antigua

Postby Lou » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:06 am

Hi,

Re your enquiry about Willock relations, please could you supply some rough dates. I have not yet come across a Louisa but with dates to guide me I could take a closer look at the children of male Willocks who I have researched. Alexander Willock who died 1802 had a very large family and was a wealthy man owning several estates and was also a merchant and auctioneer who traded slaves.

With best regards

Michael Butler
Lou

Return to Surnames W