IRVIN WILLIS (RURAL HILL, PORTLAND, JAMAICA

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

IRVIN WILLIS (RURAL HILL, PORTLAND, JAMAICA

Postby Annette » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:08 am

IRVIN WILLIS (RURAL HILL, PORTLAND, JAMAICA)
I am trying to compile a family tree from around the 1900's onwards but I have very limited info. I am trying to find out validity of information concerning a John Willis, who may have had 3 sisters (possibly surname of Donaldson). John may have had a son called Irvin Willis whom may have had a sister by name of Mavis. The family had a connection to or actually lived in the Rural Hill area of Portland in Jamaica. Also I have the first names of Keith and Resna (possibly brother and sister) and possibly siblings of Irvin Willis - whom may now be living in America (Chicago) last known address.

Appreciate if anyone is able to validate the information.

Annette
Annette

Re: IRVIN WILLIS (RURAL HILL, PORTLAND, JAMAICA

Postby Ava » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:51 pm

Hi Annette! I can't tell you how excited I was to find this post. My name is Ava Watson, the youngest daughter of Mavis Watson (maiden name Willis). I was searching for Resna Willis on Google when I saw this. John Willis is my mother's father, Irvin was (is?) her brother. Keith and Resna Willis are his children. My mother and my Uncle Keith are both alive and very close. Please let me know how you are related to Irvin Willis. PLEASE contact me as soon as possible. I'm not used to how this site works, but I will try to leave my email address in your inbox. Blessings!!
Ava

Postby bimjim » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:06 pm

Hi, Ava...

With all due respect, you found this person because their Post was presented in public. I ask that - if possible - at least your initial discussions also be in public because when more names and locations are produced that provides more information for others in the same family group to find you who are already here. And I am sure you would be even more excited to have many more disconnected family members contact you.

Thanks for your consideration... and to avoid getting excessive SPAM, please remember NOT to place your email address in ANY public place, especially not on this Index.

Best,

Jim Lynch
Owner/Administrator
Caribbean Surname Index
bimjim
Site Admin

Postby Annette » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:28 pm

Hello Ava

You are the first person that has responded to my post on Caribbean Surname Index (CSI) regarding Irvine Willis! I am very appreciative of your response and shows how valid this wonderful site is:).

I came across a (partial) letter belonging to my late mother. The letter was signed by Resna with a Chicago address and mentioned Keith. We are talking quite a number of years ago that Resna wrote to my mother!!!! Typically, I have mislaid the letter! But am looking for it! I think that there might have been a picture included in the letter as the handwriting on the back of a photo - looks similar. But I could be very wrong! The back of the photo mentions the name Rozaine.

I have no pictures of Irvin or John Willis and didn't know much about him, other that he is related to my (late) mother. My mother's name - Laura Ann Willis and she was born on 13 August 1941. She passed away on 23 December 1999. Julette Donaldson (now Hamilton) is my late Mum's mother.

Also does the name Mulvina mean anything, which is a name my (late) mother mentioned.

Let me know if any of the above makes any sense?

Annette
Annette

Postby Ava » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:58 pm

Thank you, Jim, for creating such a wonderful site!

Annette, I read your response to my mother, and according to her recollections Irvin Willis also had a daughter by the name of Laura, making her sister to Keith, Resna and Amy Willis. Amy is now Amy Powell. Mulvina was Irvin's mother, Laura's grandmother.

I will forward a link of this posting to Uncle Keith, and maybe he can shed some light on this.

~ava
Ava

Postby Annette » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:06 am

Hi Ava

Mum's mother's maiden name is Julette NELSON not Donaldson as I said before.

Look forward to receiving link.

Annette
Annette

Postby Annette » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:21 pm

Three weeks ago I re-connected with the Willis Family all thanks to this valuable site. :D

Annette
Annette

Postby bimjim » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:25 pm

Thanks for your last Post... THAT is my payment for creating and maintaining this resource!!

All the best, and good luck in your continuing research!!
bimjim
Site Admin

Return to Surnames W