STEWART FAMILY - Rural Hill, Portland, Jamaica

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

STEWART FAMILY - Rural Hill, Portland, Jamaica

Postby Annette » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:25 am

STEWART, Jamaica (Rural Hill, Long Beach, Portland)

My name is Annette and I and would appreciate any information on the Stewart family that lived in Rural Hill, pre and post 1940's. (As far as I know surname spelt as above or it may spelt as STUART.)

Do any family members still live in Rural Hill or other parts of Jamaica or travelled to and lived in England or other countries? In particular if anyone knows the wheareabouts of two brothers by name of Allan & Cleveland Stewart, whom I understand may have come to England around 1960/61. Apparently, one or both paid my late mother (Laura Ann Willis) airfare to England- she arrived on 19 April 1961.

Thanks

Annette
Annette

Re: STEWART FAMILY - Rural Hill, Portland, Jamaica

Postby Annette » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:04 pm

Hello Laura

Thanks for your response to my enquiry. I will come back to you directly with the limited information I have so that we can check if there is a family connection or not. Once again I very much appreciate your response.

Annette
Annette

Postby dorrmckenzie » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:14 pm

I don't know if there is a connection here, but my grand aunt Janet Thompson b. 1894 from Rural Hill married a Edward Stewart b. 1894. I don't know how many children she had, but I picked up three, with only one by the name of George James Stewart a twin b. 1918. George James Stewart has a daughter ( lovingly called Sweetie) with a woman/wife known as Mary Irish. Both mother and daughter left for England.

I also have two first cousins one in US and one in England whose mom named Persha Stewart from Portland. Don't know much about Persha, she died a few years ago. I hope there is something useful in this information.

Doritt
McKenzie
dorrmckenzie

Postby Annette » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:23 pm

Hello Doritt

Thanks for sharing your family history with me. There could be a possibility of a family connection being -Rural Hill. Alas! I do not know the names of Allan & Cleveland (aka possibly known as Sandy) parents, hence my reason for joining this site.

Back in '74/'75 my Grandmother Julette Hamilton (nee Nelson) liked to travel between St Thomas (where she lived) and Portland . I recall her and me spending a day & night with relatives of Allan Stewart in Rural Hill area. Alas! I do remember their names and these days due to her age my Grandmother doesn't remember the visit.

Regarding the family names you mentioned I will look into. Would very much appreciate if you can obtain any further information.

Many thanks.

Annette
Annette

Return to Surnames W