DAVIS, RUSSEA, CHUNG, THOMPSON - Port Antonio, JAMAICA

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

DAVIS, RUSSEA, CHUNG, THOMPSON - Port Antonio, JAMAICA

Postby KMGD » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:16 pm

Looking for information on my paternal grandparents, Thomas Augustus Davis & Maude Elizabeth Russea. Although they resided in Port Antonio, Jamaica they may not have been born within that parish. Their children were Lena (stepdaughter), Vincent, Lucille (married name Duncan), Dorothy, George, Eric and Selma. I think that my Uncle Vincent was born in Cuba. Maude had siblings (Amy and Elvira? + a brother).

Also looking for information on my maternal grandparents Jackson Chung and Louise Thompson (Dan-Dan) and their ancestors. They also lived in Port Antonio. Their children were Joseph, Vincent, Ivy, Violet (married name Lee) and Thelma (married name Manley). Would appreciate if anyone could send me some info. Thank you!
KMGD

Re: DAVIS, RUSSEA, CHUNG, THOMPSON - Port Antonio, JAMAICA

Postby JGHS » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:38 pm

I am the great-grandchild of Jackson Chung and Louise (Dan-Dan) through Vincent. I saw your post yesterday and is very much interested in finding out who you are. I have spoken to the family about your post and they have all advised me to make contact with you. This includes all the grandchildren of Jackson and DanDan; they are quite excited to know who you are. Please let us know who your parents are and/ your connections to our family.
JGHS

Postby KMGD » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:12 am

Dear JGHS,

Thank you for posting your note. I had almost given up hope of ever receiving a reply post. I am the grandchild of Jackson Chung and Louise (Dan-Dan) Thompson. My mother was their eldest daughter, Ivy Chung (married name Davis) - the sister of Vincent, my uncle. I am the youngest of Ivy's four children - Claude (Tony), Ivan, Maxine and Kathy.
I was so sad to hear when Uncle Vin passed away. However, I was both excited and amazed to see all of the family photos included on his funeral service program. So many family members out there of whom I have never met!

Please do tell me, who are your parents, etc.
KMGD

Postby JGHS » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:30 pm

Wow! You are Aunt Ivy's daughter. I met Ivan for the first time at grandpa's funeral. Actually I spent a bit of time chatting with Ivan, Joseph (Aunt Thelma's son) and Patrick (Aunt Vi's son).

When I spoke with Aunty Patsy (Joetta - my dad's sister) yesterday and told her of your location as indicated in the post she told me it could have been you but just in case it was not she had all intentions to make contact with Ivan; so that he would arrange to get you connected with this relative. There was much anxiety among the family members as we were wondering if you were the offspring of the long lost son of Jackson and Dan-Dan who was sent to China. In fact, Uncle Joe (Joseph) and Eustace (lost brother) were sent to China, and during WWII (I think) they got separated and Eustace could not be found. Every effort made to find him has been futile since but we are still hoping that he did not die during the war and had the chance to procreate.

I am the granddaughter of Vincent Chung and Lucille Morgan through their son Vincent (Big Joe).
JGHS

Postby KMGD » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:02 pm

Lol - now I know that this is the correct family if you mention Aunt Patsy! Nice to meet you Cuz. Glad to hear that you were able to meet Ivan, Patrick and Joseph. I haven't seen Patrick or Joseph in years, although I occasionally receive emails from Patrick. I would love to some how get in touch with Carol (Stewart). So sorry for the false alarm and any anxiety that my contact may have unintentionally caused.

Yes, once as a child I had heard something about Eustace's story during our stay at Uncle Joe's house before he and his family moved to Mexico. I have recently reconnected after many years with Uncle Joe's daughter, Teresa. Her Mother (Aunt Maria) would be worth approaching to ask if she remembers anything.

Regarding Jackson and Dan-Dan, do you or any of our family members know much about our grandparents?
KMGD

Return to Surnames T