SENIOR, Bigwoods, Pedro Plains, St. Elizabeth, Jamaica

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

SENIOR, Bigwoods, Pedro Plains, St. Elizabeth, Jamaica

Postby Lyla Smith » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:29 am

Hello,

I am seeking details of my father's family, the Smith/Senior family land owners in St Elizabeth, Jamaica. Any information would be very welcome as I am trying to build a family tree. I have little information but:

SENIOR, Jamaica, Bigwoods, Pedro Plains, St. Elizabeth

My father was born Mervin Smith in 1936. But was raised Mervin Senior (his great grandmother's surname). In 1952, my father reverted back to his paternal family name of Smith i.e. Mervin Smith.

My Grandfather's name was Grafton Senior (born early 1900s). He married Adelaide Berlin who was also born in the early 1900s.

My great grandfather Lewis Smith (born around the late 1880s)adoped his mother's surname 'Senior' due to difficult relations with his father and became known as Lewis Senior. He began the use of the name Senior within the family line. Lewis was marriedto Kate (maiden name unknown). My father was raised by his grandparents Lewis and Kate Smith.

My great great grandmother's maiden name was Senior, it was her surname that was adopted. I do not have any other details about Great Great Grandmother Senior, but possibly born around the 1850s or later.

Other miscellaneous information: Uncle of Mervin Smith - Redell Seymour Elliott, Pedro Plains, St. Elizabeth (born 1920s), Aunt of Mervin Smith - Gladys Baker, Round Hill, St. Elizabeth (details unknown), Brothers of Mervin Smith are Nathaniel Atkinson born 1941, d.2003 and his twin Ernel Atkinson (known as Vee and Dee) Rudolph Atkinson and Archie McGhee (further details unknown all from St. Elizabeth). Other family details as yet unknown.
Lyla Smith

Return to Surnames S