BURROWES, BURNETT, PARKER - Jamaica

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

BURROWES, BURNETT, PARKER - Jamaica

Postby terryhunter » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:45 pm

I am looking for anyone who has information on the William Burrowes who married Pink Elizabeth Parker. they lived in St. Mary Jamaica. Does anyone know of any descendents or ancestors of either one of these. William and Pink Burrowes owned the Rock Spring plantation.

I am also looking for anyone who has information on the (Peter)? Burnett who married Louisa Ann Parker and had an estate named Louisiana. Does anyone know any of their ancestors or descendants.

I have been researching the Parker family of Jamaica and there are tons of them. I was hoping someone might know something about them. I do not know if this will be considered a worthwhile post on this forum and hopefully will be able to add more information when I know something.

Terry
terryhunter

Re: BURROWES, BURNETT, PARKER - Jamaica

Postby Dianem » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:19 pm

Hi Terry, I am writing a book about the English-speaking community which lived in Dinan (France) in the 19th century, and one person in the cemetery is Louisa Ann Burnett who I believe was born Parker (daughter of William and Mary). According to various sources including the gravestone, her husband was James Burnett. I am trying to establish her exact date of death as the stone is very worn and the databases have not been very fruitful.
Dianem

Postby dlanod » Sun May 01, 2016 10:56 pm

Do you have a birthdate for William Burrowes? There was a William Burrowes born in 1819 to William Burrowes and Sarah Amy Hawes when the former was surgeon with the York Light Infantry Volunteers.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2012&start=15#p8098
dlanod

Postby ravidya » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:07 pm

I have been researching the Burrowes-Parker connection. I recommend that you have a look at Erna Brodber's book, Woodside PO, which is full of historic information about these families. Woodside Pear Tree Grove PO
https://www.amazon.com/Woodside-Pear-Tr ... na+brodber
I believe the William Burrowes who married Pink Elizabeth Parker was a British Loyalist who received a land grant for his loyalty in fighting against the Americans during the war of Independence. I believe that this William Burrowes was the grandfather of Jonathan Bainbridge Burrowes, from whom my husband is descended.
Would love to share more notes and information.
R Burrowes
ravidya

Postby terryhunter » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:19 am

I do not have any kind of a birth date, death date etc for William Burrowes. I also do not know if Louisa Ann Parker married a James Burnett or a Peter Burnett, and certainly don't know if she moved to France, though anything could be possible.
terryhunter

Return to Surnames B