BERNETT (BURNETT?) - Jamaica, St Elizabeth

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

BERNETT (BURNETT?) - Jamaica, St Elizabeth

Postby jray » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:12 am

Hi

Looking for any information, please, about DORCAS BERNETT (poss Burnett) who was married to REUBEN ("Tailor") BRAE and who died in her 80s around 1977. They lived in Mocho District, New Market PO - not sure if this was a nickname for the area or if there was a name change (as it's not the Mocho in Clarendon). She was a seamstress, and her husband, Reuben, was known as Tailor Brae. He died around 1944 aged in his 80s/90s.

Many thanks in advance
jray

Update

Postby jray » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:42 am

I've since been told that DORCAS had a sister named EDITH (who was married to a Rev Morson). Their Father was named JONATHAN and their Mother named AGATHA (maiden name not known).

Also, that REUBEN had a brother named JONATHAN and that their Father was named DAVID BRAE (wife's name not known - yet!), who lived somewhere called Frazer (sp?). Can't find that location anywhere, but said to be in St Elizabeth.

Hope this is ringing bells with someone! Any help appreciated, please!

Thanks in advance
jray

FURTHER UPDATE

Postby jray » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:59 pm

Hi - me again (!)

Further update: Surname spelling confirmed as [b]BURNETT[/b], so looking for any info on a DORCAS BURNETT, please, born c1900 died 1977, with sisters named LICIA (d. before 1962) and EDITH. Mother's name was PHYLICIA BURNETT (ie. my ggrandmother) - maiden name unknown, poss born around 1870s/80s?

Would also like to find out name of Phylicia's husband.

Thanks in advance.
:)
jray

Return to Surnames B