BROWNE - Montserrat

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

BROWNE - Montserrat

Postby minnieb » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:55 am

I am searching for anyone who may have known a Ernest Reginald Browne of Montserrat, I do not have a date of birth but should imagine he was born somtime around 1910 give or take a few years. As far as I know he was in the Montserrat defence army? I do know that he passed away at a young age, (40-45) I am not sure what parish he lived in but remember being told somthing about Boston Village?
minnieb

Re: BROWNE - Montserrat

Postby dee matthew » Sat May 23, 2015 2:07 am

Found a lot of Brown (Browne) on ancestry.com paid subscription and even more on http://www.myheritage.com and http://www.familysearch.org, and they're all working quite well for me; it's just a matter of tying the names into each other. I'm sure you'll find them all helpful. Best to you.
dee matthew

Re: BROWNE - Montserrat

Postby bimjim » Sat May 23, 2015 1:01 pm

I suggest you will get better results if you go to Facebook and search for a Group with the keywords "Montserrat genealogy" or just try to connect on Facebook with someone from Montserrat.

Neither familysearch.com nor the British Census (Montserrat is still British) provide details on records inside of 70 to 100 years, the Mormons by religion and the Census by law (I will not be able to view my uncle's 1920 birth in Yorkshire - under ANY circumstances - until 2021 or 2022).

So if you knew Mr. Browne - if the volcanic activity did not erase every trace of his existence when it rubbed the Capital of Portsmouth off the map - it is entirely possible the only connection you will make to him now is by way of someone on the ground in Montserrat who can ask questions for you.

Sorry to be so doom and gloom, but this particular case is a rough one.
bimjim
Site Admin

Return to Surnames B