BRAMBLE - Montserrat

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

BRAMBLE - Montserrat

Postby pzemend » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:54 pm

My mother was born in Montserrat and left the island about 40 years ago and is living now in Curacao. Her name is Adriania (Addy) Bramble. Her dad was Thomas William Bramble and her mothers name was Mary Douglas. Her mother used to bake cakes and things.

I would like to come in contact with people living in Montserrat and know my mom or her family. Or perhaps family members.
My mom never went back to Montserrat after she left in 1960. She is now 74.
pzemend

Re: BRAMBLE - Montserrat

Postby pzemend » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:59 pm

(Admin note: "Rebecca" was removed from the Index because her email address was no longer valid (bounced))

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for your reply. My mom used to have a brother living in UK. I dont remember his name but he used to work at the train or metro company overthere before he died a few years ago. So the Bramble overthere could be family.

She also used to mention the White family, I think Martha White.

How can you link me to the Bramble family in UK?

Please let me know.

Edmina
pzemend

Postby Pamela » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:20 pm

Hi,

I am one of the great-great granddaughters of Patrick and Sita Boatswain of Montserrat. One of Patrick and Sita's son, Harry Boatswain had a son whose name was Jimmy (James O'Garro) Boatswain. Jimmy had a daughter, her name is listed on our family tree as Ellen Bramble Roberts. This may be a link you can follow. Happy searching!

:)

Pam Riley Bassett-Carmalt
Pamela

Postby Commentary » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:02 pm

Hello pzemend,

My grandfather is William Arthur Bramble, Thomas' brother (Thomas is always referred to as 'son' by his siblings maybe because he was the oldest) They were both born of William Arthur snr (aka Willy Booty) and Pearl Rosanna Bramble. To my knowledge there were nine siblings in their generation. I can't remember all of them but my grandfather lives in Birmingham U.K along with his younger sister Lear Cerese Bramble (now Peters) and Joseph Bramble who is the younger of her. There was also Mary Bramble living over here but she died in the 1960s. Her son known as 'Bing' was sent back to Montserrat to be raised by his grandmother Pearl.

There is also Marjorie (aka sis) who lives in the U.S.A, she was awarded the MBE by the queen for her nursing servicing during hurricane seasons in the Caribbean and during the volcano eruption but she unfortunately cannot even claim a pension so we often send her money to help her out.

The name Eunice had cropped up before and Donald but I don't know much about these siblings which leaves one more sibling who's name escapes me for some reason. We are an incredibly large and strong family. It would be great to hear from some more Bramble lineage.
Commentary

Postby bernie » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:13 am

My great grandfather James Bramble was born in Montserrat in 1862 to parents Peter Bramble and Martha Allen. Somehow he ended up in Australia in the mid 1880's working as a able seaman until his death in 1912. I presume he came to Australia via ship from England. I have no further information about his life or his parents life in Montserrat. If anyone can help? Bernadette
bernie

Postby baltimore » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:10 pm

There are some BRAMBLE in Guadeloupe too. My aunt Germaine BALTIMORE, born 1920 was married to a Mister BLOMBO Anne dit Stanislas that we used to call Lovely. He was christened in Guadeloupe around 1910 in Trois-Rivières and has had some descendancy here. Maryan Blombo, Albert Blombo, Alberte Blombo are still alived and live either in France either in Guadeloupe. Marie Claire, the only daughter, moved to France, got married, had 3 kids and died. She was married to a Robert Long from France and has offsprings in the US and France. all Blombos in Guadeloupe are BRAMBLE in fact and some of them live in France too. But in fact his name was Bramble but he was registered as Blombo. It is assumed that his fathher was Joseph BRAMBLE born around 1877 in Montserat settled down in Trois Rivières Guadeloupe with his wife Helen ('last name is WHITT sometimes written WIT, bu could be WHITE) around 1900. I remember one son of them was named CLITTOS. I don't know if Mr BLOMBO is Joseph BRAMBLE son. Joseph Bramble died in Trois-Rivières somehow around 1983. The family history says they all descend from a GUIMS or GHUIMS BRAMBLE. More help on that would be appreciated
Jean-Marie Arsène Baltimore, BALTIMORE, HUBBEL, BARDUS, CELESTINE, VIN, FRONTON, VALERIUS, CAIUS, ELIZA, and collaterals from GUADELOUPE, MARTINIQUE, FRANCE, BRAZIL, SURINAM, INDONESIA and the NETHERLANDS
baltimore

Return to Surnames B