BARKER, Barbados/Guyana

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

BARKER, Barbados/Guyana

Postby gtgyal » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:07 pm

- Seeking more info on the Barkers of Barbados. There were 2 or 3 Brothers who left Barbados and immigrated to Guyana sometime in the early to mid 1800s. I have only the name of his son, who is my Great Great Grandfather that was born in Guyana around 1860. I am guessing 1830s or 40's ( I am guessing). Anyone who thinks they know a connection to my Barkers in Guyana, let me know. Trying to put together a pedigree. Thanks! :D
Last edited by gtgyal on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
gtgyal

Postby bimjim » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:43 pm

From the IGI database...

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Search/ ... ch_IGI.asp

Enter just "Barker" in the surname textbox, and select Region = South America

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IGI Individual Record
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MARY BARKER
Female
Event(s):
Birth: About 1880, Guyana
Parents:
Father: HENRY
Record submitted after 1991 by a member of the LDS Church.

If you change the region from South America to to Caribbean Islands, there are 966 records returned, most in Barbados.

Always, please, bear in mind that serious genealogists see the IGI as a great place for tips and leads which they need to confirm from official sources, NOT for definitive information. This is because the Mormons accept unverified data contributions and uploads from family genealogists, whose data is not always documented - or even correct (wishful thinking in trying to show Royal lineage, for example).

Good luck...

Jim
bimjim
Site Admin

Re: BARKER, Barbados

Postby gtgyal » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:51 am

thank you for your assistance! Hopefully I will be able to narrow it down.
gtgyal

Re: BARKER, Barbados/Guyana

Postby wellygirl » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:38 pm

New to the index and have found your post for information relating to Barker geneology and came across your post dated 2008. I hope you are still active on the site.

I have a female Barker in my family tree, by marriage, that I am searching for information on.

Familysearch.org has given me her christening information, I have her marriage information to my ancestor, William Wiles.

Ann Barker
christened 29 November 1775, Christ Church, Barbados
married 5 May 1807, Christ Church, Barbados to William Wiles

Parents
Richard Barker
Elizabeth ?

Children of Ann and William
Eliza Wiles (Born: 1806)
Martha Ann Critchlow Wiles (Born: 1808)
William Bishop Jones Wiles (Born: 1810)
John Wiles (Born: 1813)
Henry Wiles (Born: 1816)
Richard Jones Wiles (Born: 1818)
Ann Wiles (Born: 1819)
wellygirl

Re: BARKER, Barbados/Guyana

Postby DOC » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:38 pm

WELLYGIRL
My ancestor Henry Beckles GALL was married to Sarah Crichlow BARKER. From FamilySearch I have found Henry Crichlow BARKER married Sarah Chase 22 December 1769 in St.Phillip, Barbados. They had a child Sarah Crichlow BARKER christened 9 Jan 1780. If this is the same person she died in Barbados in 1833.

There was another Sarah Crichlow BARKER christened 31 Dec 1825 - parents John Crichlow BARKER and his wife Elizabeth.

Any connections with your family?

David
DOC

Return to Surnames B