PRICE, REID, TYSON - Jamaica, St. Mary

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

PRICE, REID, TYSON - Jamaica, St. Mary

Postby Cynt » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:52 pm

Greetings, I am searching for information on Rachel Reid (maiden name Price) and Cornelius Tyson. Both lived in St. Mary Jamaica in the late 1890's and early 1900's.

Rachel Price was a black female and Cornelius Tyson was a white male. She was a house servant, and I am told that he was a businessman. The union of Cornelius and Rachel produced my mother (a mulatto female) born in St. Mary in 1919.

Any information provided will be appreciated. I never had an opportunity to meet either of my grandparents.
Cynt

Re: PRICE, REID, TYSON - Jamaica, St. Mary

Postby Tamz30 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:32 pm

Hi,

I am hoping the information I have can help you. My great grandmother was also called Rachel Reid. Her maiden name was also Price. She was also from St Mary. my grandmother Evelyn Reid was Rachels daughter and was born 19/02/1928 in the Gayle district of St Mary. Rachel married Robert reid in 1929. Robert was not my grandmothers dad as no father is recorded on her birth certificate. But I have located a marriage certificate between Robert and Rachel. Rachel had other children Veria Matilda Price born 30/11/1916, Eric Alexander 9/5/1922, Joseph Price 24/11/1924, Theresa Elizabeth Price 15/6/1914 and Lucien Reid 26/04/1930. Lucien is the only child with a recorded father on the birth certificate. Father being Robert Reid.

I hope this information is of use to you. If we are discussing the same Rachel Reid that that make you a relative. I look forward to hearing from you.
Tamz30

Postby Cynt » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:01 am

Thank you for your reply. That is the same Rachel Reid because I have heard of some of those relatives. Would you happen to have photographs of any of those family members?
Cynt

Postby Tamz30 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:31 am

The only photographs I have are of my grandmother Evelyn. (Your aunty). Unfortunately she did not know any of her siblings. She left home at 14 and I believe she failed to remain in contact with her family members.

Is it possible for us to swap email addresses so we can discuss this further?
Tamz30

Return to Surnames P