SOUTHERLAND - St. Lucia, Castries

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

SOUTHERLAND - St. Lucia, Castries

Postby Irish Newcomer » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:01 pm

Looking for relatives of Eileen Southerland (1912-1947), married to Cyril Volney (1910-1965) in Castries, St. Lucia. Eileen's mother was reportedly an O'Reilly, a sister of Sir Lennox O'Reilly (later in Trinidad) and Sir Guy O'Reilly.
Irish Newcomer
Irish Newcomer

Re: SOUTHERLAND - St. Lucia, Castries

Postby Lewnox » Wed May 02, 2012 3:23 am

Yes. Eilen Sutherland's mother was Evadne Rosamund O'Reilly who married Norman Sholto Lewis Sutherland in St. Lucia in 1912. She was the sisterof Sir Lennox and the daughter of Samuel Arthur Francis O'Reilly and Frances Selina O'Reilly nee Mc Combie. Evadne died in 1915.
Lewnox

Postby charmaine » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:42 pm

I am the grandaughter of Eileen Sutherland. My mother Rosamund is her eldest daughter.
charmaine

Postby Lewnox » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:35 pm

Hello Charmaine. My name is Kingsley and I live in Antigua.

I am trying to get as much information as I can on the O'Reilly family of St. Lucia and Trinidad. Their father, Samuel Arthur Francis O'Reilly went from Antigua to St. Lucia as a Mico teacher at Laborie. They were cousins to my grandfather Walter O'Reilly. I have been trying to connect the dots for years, but still have some blanks. I discovered a couple of years ago that Samuel O'Reilly had a daughter and a son that I have found little on--Evadne who married a Southerland and Robert who went to Trinidad after his father's death and seems to have vanished into thin air.

I am glad to see your post and would like to get any information you may be in a position to give.

I would be happy to make contact with you.

Kingsley Lewis
Lewnox

Return to Surnames O