OSMENT, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Various

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

OSMENT, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Various

Postby whatotherway » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:32 am

Richard Way, looking for information on Osment Family in Saint Vincent and the Greandines. Know that David Shorthose Osment arrived in Saint Vincent as Colonial Engineer in 1876 and a Harry S Osment arrived in 1876. Do not know the relationship between these two men, although they lived in Kingstown in the same Tax Role area. Trying to tie either of these two men to the Osments who live there now. Does anyone have info on their desendents?
whatotherway

Re: OSMENT, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Various

Postby whatotherway » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:33 am

For those who may be looking, Harry Shorthose Osment was one of David's sons.

I've found that he went to Saint Lucia in 1901 where he may have worked on the water works, and then later, he may have gone to Peru to do similar work.

Anyone finding any information about this man, or any of his children, please let me know.

cheers to all.
whatotherway

Re: OSMENT, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Various

Postby Shortsocks » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:50 pm

Hi Richard, I've just found this old post regarding David Shorthose Osment and his son Harry Shorthose Osment and was interested to see where they ended up, did you ever find any descendents? I don't know of any myself, but I do have their family tree going back to the where a Shorthose married an Osment in Staffordshire, England in the 1770s and would be happy to exchange info if anyone is interested. Regards
Shortsocks

Return to Surnames O