NEWLAND - St. Mary, Jamaica

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

NEWLAND - St. Mary, Jamaica

Postby knewland3 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:18 pm

My great great grandfather was Joseph A. Newland, a businessman and planter from Port Maria, St. Mary. His wife was Lena McIntosh. His son, was Lynden G. Newland. Any relations out there?
knewland3

Re: NEWLAND - St. Mary, Jamaica

Postby michaelmcintosh » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:04 pm

I have relative Kenneth McKenzie McIntosh, (born 1833) brother to William C and Isabella Jane McIntosh. All these children of William C. McIntosh and Catherine McNeil. Any connections? Michael McIntosh
michaelmcintosh

Postby knewland3 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:05 pm

michaelmcintosh wrote:I have relative Kenneth McKenzie McIntosh, (born 1833) brother to William C and Isabella Jane McIntosh. All these children of William C. McIntosh and Catherine McNeil. Any connections? Michael McIntosh

I have very little information on the McIntosh's. My great great grandmother was Lena McIntosh, but past that, I do not know much.
knewland3

Postby Gigi » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:56 pm

knewland3 wrote:My great great grandfather was Joseph A. Newland, a businessman and planter from Port Maria, St. Mary. His wife was Lena McIntosh. His son, was Lynden G. Newland. Any relations out there?

My direct line also goes back to William C. McIntosh + Catherine Mc Neil of Duncans, Trelawney. To compare notes, I have sent Michael McIntosh the list of descendants that we have from William McIntosh and Catharine Mc Neil. I will check to see if we have anything on Lena McIntosh.
Seeking to exchange information on: McIntosh, Duany and Stiff of Jamaica.
Gigi

Postby Gigi » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:58 pm

knewland3 wrote:
michaelmcintosh wrote:I have relative Kenneth McKenzie McIntosh, (born 1833) brother to William C and Isabella Jane McIntosh. All these children of William C. McIntosh and Catherine McNeil. Any connections? Michael McIntosh

I have very little information on the McIntosh's. My great great grandmother was Lena McIntosh, but past that, I do not know much.

We have a connection, my direct line goes to William C. McIntosh + Catherine Mc Neil of Duncans, Trelawney.
Seeking to exchange information on: McIntosh, Duany and Stiff of Jamaica.
Gigi

Postby knewland3 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:08 am

Gigi wrote:
knewland3 wrote:

We have a connection, my direct line goes to William C. McIntosh + Catherine Mc Neil of Duncans, Trelawney.

My great great grandfather was James Augustus McIntosh, I believe, also from St. Mary. (Esther Lena McIntosh's father). Seems that he and my great great grandfather Joseph Newland owned properties together. I see their names repeated in archived Gleaners as buying and selling properties together.
knewland3

Postby michaelmcintosh » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:13 am

Gigi, how do you connect to William C. and Catherine McNeil? Do you know anything about either of their parents?
michaelmcintosh

Return to Surnames N