MCCLEAN - Barbados, St.Joseph

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

Postby kelmd80 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:45 pm

Looking for more information on the McClean side of my family. I have lots of information, trying to fill in some gaps. I'll try and keep this as organized as possible.

MAIN:
Charles Benjamin McClean b. 20 FEB 1795 • Saint Joseph, Barbados, d. 12 SEPT 1869 • Saint Joseph, Barbados
m. (1) Sarah Elizabeth Massiah and (2) Angel Springer. I descended from his union with Angel Springer.

James Mortimer McClean b. 28 SEPTEMBER 1844 • Saint Joseph, Barbados, d. 19 APRIL 1893 • Trinidad and Tobago.
He is buried in Tunapuna-Piarco, Trinidad and Tobago. m. (1) Mary Adela Taylor (any info on Taylor's in Trinidad would be appreciated as well)

Ivy Adela McClean b. 9 AUGUST 1889 • Port-of-Spain, Trinidad, d. 19 MARCH 1966 • Baltimore, Baltimore City, Maryland, USA. m. (1) John William Hawkesworth Watson,

*Notes: Lineage for Charles Benjamin McClean:*
Parents of Charles: Alexander McClean b. 1770 d. 1846 m. Willoughby Mills in St. Joseph, Barbados, 1 March 1794.
Parents of Alexander: Alexander McClean b. 1745 d. 1793 m. Margaret Hutchinson
Parents of Alexander: Alexander McClean b. 1719 d. 1792 m. Ann House
Parents of Alexander: Daniel Fraizer McClean b. 1665 Scotland d. 1720 Barbados m. Mary
Parents of Daniel: Neil McClean b. 1649 Scotland d. 1701 Barbados

GAPS:
Charles Benjamin McClean's travels to Trindad? More information about land and slaves is owned. Looking at the registries, there is a hunch, at least
two of the slaves he owned in Barbados were his children (this is my hunch, I have no proof of this).

I have not come across any McClean's outside of my lineage to James Mortimer McClean. Seeing as he had a ton of siblings and half-sibilings, I know they are out there.

Also, if anyone has come across a more concrete connection between McClean and Drayton in Trinidad, please let me know. My GG Ivy has may pictures of a Ella Drayton, and seemed to be very close to her daughter Ellie Drayton. Photos and keepsakes are from Trinidad. I have found one document that listed Ella Drayton as a McClean, but I don't have any other documentation to confirm that. My hunch is Ivy and Ellie were cousins and were very close. Passager ship records show them traveling to NYC a lot. I would assume to visit Ivy and family.

Thank you!
Kelly Wirth
kelmd80

Return to Surnames M