MOORE, TUCKER - Jamaica, Kingston

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

MOORE, TUCKER - Jamaica, Kingston

Postby DonnaR » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:32 am

I am the great great granddaughter of Samuel Edward Moore who came to Australia on the Glentanner ship from Jamaica in 1853. Samuel was a Mechanical Engineer living in Ballart, I have a wonderful photo of him with one of his daughters and an invention he created back in 1870.

My family records indicate that his wife Ellen Moore (nee Tucker) came over on the same ship and gave birth to a son 'Charles Glentanner Moore'. No shipping records I have found in Australia indicate this so far, they only say that Samuel arrived on the Glentanner.

Charles is the oldest brother to my grandmothers father Samuel Edward Moore (B1869 Ballarat, Victoria, Australia). My Grandmother inherited many photo's which date back to the early 1850's but alas not many have names on them, some are obvious though as either Samuel or Ellen Moore's Creole heritage is defiantly passed down to their daughters with the nappy hair (afro) and dark skin.

After my grandmother’s mother died her father Samuel could not look after her and her Aunty Henrietta Julianna Moore (Samuel's older sister) (married Brookes) adopted her thus the reason I have the family photo's etc.

I have been doing family research since the early 1990s and found the hardest area to find documents is Jamaican records. I am joining this index in the hope of finding more information on where he lived in Jamaica, if he was born in Jamaica or United Kingdom, were Ellen Tuckers family freed slaves or is her heritage crossed with Spain... etc.
DonnaR

Return to Surnames M