MCLEISH - Jamaica, St. Elizabeth

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

MCLEISH - Jamaica, St. Elizabeth

Postby lola21st » Thu May 08, 2014 10:30 pm

Building my family tree and I'm trying to build out my great parents generation as well as parents. They were Nathaniel McLeish and Ann (Rexted) McLeish and they lived in Roses Valley. They had the following children: Louise (Lou), Susan (Sue) B. 1892), Etheline (b. 1894), Archibald (Archie), Rebecca (Beck), Eldridge, Wellesley (Willie), and my grandmother Miriam (Mae) (born 1904). There was also another son Eustace (or Ustus, not sure of the spelling) who left Jamaica in the early 1900's but was never heard from again.

Nathaniel also had (at least) two brothers - Johnnie and William. Nathaniel worked at the Sugar Factory in Trelawny (Long Pond Sugar Factory) and then farmed full time. I'd heard that he was on a local Banana Board but haven't heard much else. I recently came across information about an Archibald McLeish from Roses Valley who was involved in post-Morant Bay Rebellion activity. I believe that he is related to me but need to establish a connection between him and Nathaniel.

Any information on Nathaniel or any McLeish from the St. Elizabeth area (even South Trelawny or West Manchester) would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. My GEDmatch # is M114000.
lola21st

Return to Surnames M