MOODIE - Jamaica

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

Re: MOODIE - Jamaica

Postby Ziona » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:02 pm

Hi JMoodie,

I discovered your post on Sunday; My Father went by the name of Hector Moodie, he was from a large family in St. James Montego Bay. some sibling names are as follows.... Pansy, Joyce, Nevel, Stanly and Newton. One distinction is that Pansey had 18 children, it is a possibility that we are speaking of the same people. My Father passed in 2001 and Joyce in 2004. I am C Moody However, our original surname was Moodie; My father changed it for what ever reason. I know that the rest of the family in England and Jamaica went by the surname Moodie.

Feel free to reply if you desire.
Ziona

Postby Public » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:07 pm

Trying to find the person who made the first post, Carol Moodie, she should be living in the U.S. you can call me at 678 372 1943, the matter is URGENT.
Public

Postby verron » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:16 pm

I have read all the Posts and understand what the person who wrote the first post is conveying. I am the Granf-daughter of Edris Moodie Rowe. My grandmother is now deceased. However, of the 10 siblings Pansy Moodie Carey is the only one still alive.

We are still living in the St. James area. She might be able to give you some information.

I would also like to know the children of Joyce Moodie. I am aware that Aunt Joyce passed on some time ago now, however she leaves behind one son in Jamaica whose name is Hector Salmon or goes by the name Danny.

C Moody or Moodie, if you could give some information on this I would be grateful. Your father and aunt Joyce used to have a very good relationship as brother and sister- I was told.

I await your post. Thanks.
verron

Postby Dorcas Bennett » Sat May 18, 2013 3:15 pm

My grandmother, Doris Moody (Moodie) born in 1915 to the Moodie family from St. James recently passed on May 14, 2013 in New Rochelle, NY. She was 97 years old, three months shy of her 98th birthday. She went peacefully. Another Jamaican Moodie earned her angel wings in Heaven. Her past husbands are The Rutherford and The South. She lived an amazing spiritual life known as Mother/Madda Moodie or Dor-Dor. She will be cremated in Hartsdale, NY (Westchester County) on Tuesday, May 21, 2013. She leaves her legacy of children, grand-children, great-grands and great-great grands.

I am profile author and Hollywood Actress. As promised, here's the link to Belle Angel's feature story on Examiner.com: http://www.examiner.com/review/belle-an ... n-the-arts
Dorcas Bennett

Return to Surnames M