Tears of joy - Amanda

The Admin sees about 4 good connections a month... if this Index helped you, would you please share the good news with us?

Tears of joy - Amanda

Postby bimjim » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:28 pm

Dear Mr Jim Lynch,

Based on the information that was posted by A Poulson on April 2007, I was able to extend my search and is happily sharing with you that I found my long last family members living in the UK. I'm in contact with my newly found cousin A Poulson and many other family members since August 19th.

It has been a very emotional time for my family and I but thank God it's tears of joy. I can't begin to explain the joy I feel at having my prayers answered after all these years.

The family in Uk, Jamaica and United States have been carrying out the same quest to find each other and thanks to Caribbean Surname Index for making it possible. We've been sharing photos and stories since then and are discussing meeting up in Jamaica for a family reunion.

Thanks a million,

Amanda
bimjim
Site Admin

Re: Tears of joy - Amanda

Postby bimjim » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:11 am

Hi, Amanda...

It is letters like this which make my involvement so worthwhile - I see many people make connections in Posts and have nothing to say to me, and I am sure many others make connections privately and keep that information hidden from the rest of us.

Your span of seven years between Post and contact confirms my belief that no matter how long it takes, connecting with someone else looking for the same people as we are looking for is just a matter of time... young people have almost no interest in the family tree, and it is only when people reach a certain age that they start to do research and take over that responsibility from an elder.

I think the average number of people keeping the records is perhaps one for every two or three families. Although there is a resurgence in interest, I still believe that many believe they will never be able to do the research, or that it would be too expensive - and we all know that not to be true.

So congratulations... hopefully you will soon have a family reunion, but keep with it - if you found one group there will surely be others to discover!!

Best wishes,

Jim Lynch
bimjim
Site Admin

Return to Success Stories...