JOSEPH, BOATSWAIN - Montserrat, Farms, Harris

Specifically for major differences in research methods and sources.
Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

JOSEPH, BOATSWAIN - Montserrat, Farms, Harris

Postby Lurraine » Sat May 17, 2014 11:25 am

Hi, I am searching for anyone related to or familiar with Lazarus Gilbert Joseph (born 1903) and an Agnes? Boatswain whom he married. I believe both were born in Farms, or Harris's in Montserrat.
Lurraine

Re: JOSEPH, BOATSWAIN - Montserrat, Farms, Harris

Postby Diana » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:18 pm

Hi Lurraine,

Do you know anymore about Agnes' family? i.e. parents, siblings, etc. I have significant Boatswain ancestry on Montserrat but I do not have an Agnes recorded.

However, I do know that almost all of those that I have researched had at least one and sometimes two nicknames under which they were know.

Diana
Diana

Postby Lurraine » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:11 am

Hi Diana. Thanks so much for replying.

My dad's memory is pretty hazy as he said that 'back in those days children weren't allowed to ask their parents about such things!', so he knows very little about his parents background. Of course lots of people went by nicknames also. His birth mum (Agnes) died when he was a child but he said people used to say to him growing up about 'Miss Aggy' bin reference to his mum.

He remembers having an auntie Seine and auntie Margaret. His dad-Lazarus Joseph went on to marry a Priscilla White whom my dad called 'mum' and who was lovely to him.

I have been on Ancestry.com but hit a wall to be honest. My dad is Archippus ('Archie') Philemon Joseph born 1932 in Farms.

Thanks so much for trying to help.

Lurraine
Lurraine

Postby Lurraine » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:31 pm

Hello.

Does anyone have any information about a perhaps Margaret Boatswain? It could be Mary Boatswain?

My dad Archippus Philemon Joseph was born on 21st January 1932 in Farms and I have found his birth certificate born to Lazarus Joseph and Agnes Boatswain. My dad always said his mother was known as 'Miss Aggie' and I thought her name was Agnes but having found the birth certificate the 'signature of Father or Mother or Other Informant' it might be Mary or Margaret? It looks like 'Mangt'. It is not clear.
Lurraine

Postby SadeJ » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:51 pm

Hello,

I think I may be your second cousin, i am the daughter of Agnes Joseph, (daughter of Priscilla Joseph, and granddaughter of Priscilla White)
If you would like to get in contact please connect via PM here, I would love to hear more about my extended family as it has interested me for a long while.

Kind Regards, and hopefully hear from yourself soon,

Sade Joseph
SadeJ

Postby MsJeannetteA » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:52 pm

Does anyone have a Doris Joseph in their family tree? She was born in 1891, not sure of the country but she went to Dominican Republic around that time as did several thousand English speaking Caribbeans.
MsJeannetteA

Return to Research Specialties - British West Indies