LYNCH - Caribbean - All

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

LYNCH - Caribbean - All

Postby bimjim » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:43 pm

LYNCH - Caribbean - All

James Lynch

Hamlet Mayers LYNCH m.Menifred. Children Peter, James, John Richard (+ Betsy, Charlotte???).

Also interested in Hasel/Hasell/Hazle/etc. LYNCH

Seeking any family connection ca.1804-1850 to John Richard LYNCH b.11feb1809, his father Hamlet Mayers LYNCH , his mother Menifdred/Minifred b.ca.1782, his son James Alsop LYNCH b.10jan1827 to penetrate "brick wall" at 1804.
Jim Lynch
Owner/Administrator

Caribbean Surname Index
Canadian Surname Index
Irish Surname Index
bimjim
Site Admin

Re: LYNCH - Caribbean - All

Postby jsobiz » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:28 pm

Hello,

I just confirmed a link to a Zechariah Emanuel b circa 1868. He married Sarah Ann Redway in Browns Town, St. Ann in 1907. His father was James Henry Lynch. Any connections?
jsobiz

Re: LYNCH - Caribbean - All

Postby bimjim » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:20 pm

Sorry, no, I don't see any of those names in my database.

But my search is isolated in Barbados with a "brick wall" in 1769. I suspect that the father was one of the Irish merchant Lynch family, which actually arrived in Barbados from Ireland through Jamaica, part of the large and successful Lynch merchant family there.

I do have one isolated James Henry Lynch b.1848 with no family members attached (record is from Barbados, St. Michael parish, Volume 12, Page 300).

With a quick look through the LDS IGI database on line I found him again in the 1911 census in the UK living in the West Riding of Yorkshire with 8 other LYNCH names. I do not know if they are related, but after I have been to the Library tomorrow and looked it up (for free) I can let you have further info if you wish.

But it appears all of these individuals are either from Barbados or the UK (not Jamaica).

I am in touch with the Jamaica (Irish merchant) Lynch family (who now live in the US and Canada), if you would like me to enquire from them.

HTH

Jim
bimjim
Site Admin

Return to Surnames L