Manuscript Sources for the History of the West Indies

Please Post your offer here if you have access to (or own) books in Caribbean genealogy and are willing to perform look-ups on request.
** Please consider listing your books so the applicants don't repeat requests for books they already have already covered. That should save their time and yours!!

Re: Manuscript Sources for the History of the West Indies

Postby bimjim » Sat May 11, 2013 10:26 pm

I re-published Oliver's "History Of Antigua" (3 very large volumes) over a decade ago to save the books from disappearing, and between the cost of purchasing a set (almost a thousand UK pounds) and the cost of printing I had to sell it at over $1,100 US dollars per set to recoup my investment. I sold my last set many months ago.

The text is till available - free - on Google Books and elsewhere, you just have to look for it - in fact there may be a couple of links Posted on this Index.
bimjim
Site Admin

Postby Borrome » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:05 am

Emelda wrote:Is there mention in your book of any Serrant families in Jamaica or Martinique?

Raymond SERRANT in GUADELOUPE 1800.
Borrome

Postby Borrome » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:45 pm

Emelda wrote:Is there mention in your book of any Serrant families in Jamaica or Martinique?

Raymond Serrant Married en Guadeloupe. B. in Martinique 1775 aprox.
Borrome

Postby Sooz » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:03 pm

I am looking for Benjamin William Edwards in St. John's, Antigua. He married Sophia Knapp who arrived from Europe on a ship from Belgium. She had 2 children she brought with her (Vincent Lionel Knapp and Louisa Knapp). Ben and Sophia then had 2 daughters, Matilda in 1860 and Wilhelmina in 1862. Sophia died in 1866, Ben's name is on her headstone but other than that we have no documentation of him. Matilda was married in 1890 but no mention of Ben in the marriage papers so we assume he had died prior to the wedding. We have been unsuccessful in finding anything on him. Sophia's headstone is in the cemetery at Spring Garden Maravian Church in St. John's, we are assuming that is also where Ben and Sophia were married. He's a loose end we can't seem to tighten! :)
Would appreciate any help of any kind.

Susan
Sooz

Previous

Return to Look-up Volunteers