Look-ups

Please Post your offer here if you have access to (or own) books in Caribbean genealogy and are willing to perform look-ups on request.
** Please consider listing your books so the applicants don't repeat requests for books they already have already covered. That should save their time and yours!!

Look-ups

Postby Badminton » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:25 pm

I am prepared to do "look-ups" for the following records I have transcribed and am still transcribing:

Sint Maarten Methodist Church: from when they started around 1820 - they cover both Dutch and French SM - have marriages up to 1927, the others to circa 1900. Some Civil Records from early 1800's.
Of course most prior to 1870 are available on line at http://www.genlias.nl/

Anguilla Civil Records: Births c1883 - 1919; Marriages 1885 - 1928; Deaths 1883 - 1946.

Anguilla Anglican Records: Baptisms 1827 - 1920; Marriages 1826 - 1920; Burials 1827 - 1950. These are available for reading/checking at Latter Day Saints Reading Rooms around the world; my transcriptions may not be error free given the state of some records.

St. Eustatius Church Records: from c1710 to c1815. Have still to complete the period 1750 - 1765 for baptisms.

To do look-ups I need as much info as you already have for the individual, if no date of birth or death, then at least an approximation. Parents if known, especially the mother's full name - many records, especially in Anguilla, do not include the father if the parents were not married. However, children very often later took the father's surname.
If siblings are known, they sometimes helps to pin-point a person.
Surnames too are a nightmare as spellings vary so much - depending on the Church Minister of the period!

Always remember that not all records have survived the onslaught of hurricanes etc and some are unreadable, in particular periods of Anguilla Anglican Church records.
Badminton

Re: Look-ups

Postby MSTrinidad1 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:37 pm

Are you only doing look-up in Saint Maarten or other islands? Thanks.
MSTrinidad1

Postby Badminton » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:24 pm

ANGUILLA from abt 1820-1930; - from 1883 to the present day the Civil records are obtainable from the Court House in Anguilla.
SINT MAARTEN Methodist Church from 1820's - the island and Dutch Islands records are on Genlias .
ST. EUSTATIUS, which also covers the island of SABA and from other islands if the people were of Dutch descent, records from 1709 - again the later ones are on Genlias .

Searching for the old Dutch records can be difficult as the spellings vary greatly.

I cannot help with other islands.
Badminton

Postby Antonio Phillips » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:48 pm

Good Morning! I am looking for family members in Antigua around the turn of the 1900s. Can you point me in the right direction for anyone doing "lookups" for that period? Your assistance is greatly appreciated!
Antonio Phillips

Postby Badminton » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:58 pm

Cannot help - sorry
Badminton

Postby bimjim » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:23 pm

Maybe if you left a Post in the "Look-up Requests" Board with details someone may be able to help... but without names, places and dates you are not likely to have any replies.

Placing a Post in the appropriate Surname Alphabetical area will also last much longer and probably attract more attention.

Good luck...
bimjim
Site Admin

Return to Look-up Volunteers