For Manual Registration, Terms Of Use... CLICK HERE

For Manual Registration, Terms Of Use... CLICK HERE

Postby bimjim » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:49 pm

Hi, folks...

IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE MESSAGE.

MANDATORY TERMS OF USE

--

I will start by apologising to users for Locking all of these Admin Posts. For some reason I have too many new users making their Posts here instead of choosing an alphabet letter and/or location. I then have to recognise their error and relocate the Posts. Not alot of work, but when it happens so often it does get somewhat annoying. Plus, too many users seem to refuse to read and/or understand the Terms Of Use and cause other problems which I have to fix.

RULE ONE

You are REQUIRED to Post a valid (= worthwhile) message within SIX DAYS of registering, or your account WILL be removed by the Administrator.

No exceptions. Private Messages do not count.

The idea is to help you get started on your quest, not to help you to procrastinate even longer.

Please also note: All new Posts are reviewed within 24 hours.

--

RULE TWO

Email addresses are NOT to be posted in public...

You may _NOT_NOT_NOT_ place ANY email address anywhere in the public areas of on this Index or any of its Boards, in any form whatsoever.

This includes, but is not limited to, "name@domain.com", "name @ domain.com", "name at domain.com", "name at that hotplace", "name at that gplace", or any or all variations. This rule is STRICTLY enforced - one warning is allowed, and upon a second violation that user and all of their Posts are then removed from the Index.

--

From registration onwards, immediate email contact is required (no bounces), or you will be removed.

Full mailboxes provide no communications, and autoresponders are allowed if you are away. If your email address changes, you MUST update it here. I am not a mind-reader.

--

Periodic Reminders: You accept that the Administrator will send you periodic "broadcasts" of relevant information.

This is primarily a monthly Digest (list of subject lines) sent out at the end of every month - for your convenience, it eliminates the need for you to keep coming to the Index to see if there have been any updates to your queries. If there is something I believe would be of vital interest to all users then that may also be "broadcast", but rest assured you will not be "SPAMmed".

If you cannot tolerate just ONE single email a month from the Index which is in your own interest, then please advise me as soon as possible of your extreme discomfort and I will happily remove your registration and all of your Posts so that you will never be bothered by this resource again.

--

Please set your SPAM email filter to allow emails from the caribbeanavenue.com domain, or you may not receive the Registration email OR any Alerts.

** If you do not receive a Registration email within 24 hours of requesting it, please check the bottom of this linked Post - the email you supplied may have bounced.
viewtopic.php?t=1802

--

REGISTRATION

If you wish to register on this Board and agree to the TWO Terms Of Use above, please click on the following link and register using that form.

If I accept your request I will register you myself MANUALLY - BY HAND - when I get to it...

http://www.candoo.com/surnames/register.html

Please note - no exceptions...

PLEASE LOOK FOR THE REGISTRATION EMAIL WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING.
YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 7 DAYS OF THE REGISTRATION EMAIL.

Your application to register indicates acceptance of the above Terms Of Use.

--

I wish all of you the very best in your family research.

Jim Lynch
Owner/Administrator
Caribbean/Canadian/Irish Surname Indexes
bimjim
Site Admin

Return to Manual Registration, Terms Of Use, Account deletions, etc.