JULAL - India to the Caribbean

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

JULAL - India to the Caribbean

Postby MrJulal » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:00 pm

KRISHNA JULAL (JAMAICA) researching anyone with the surname JULAL

Research has shown Julals in Jamaica, Trinidad, India, Australia, South Africa, US and England. I am trying to document the family and have successfully completed about 90% of the Jamaican based family.

If you know the name, want to research the name or want to enquire of our family. Feel free to email me.
MrJulal

Postby skisquash » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:04 am

Do you know if any Julals that may altered their name to Jolly?
skisquash

Julal to Jolly

Postby MrJulal » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:36 am

Hey skisquash, I have not prrof of this but anything is possible. I must say I have seen the JOLLY surname during my research in the St. Thomas archives at the LDS center here in Jamaica so both names existed simultaneously in st. thomas during the same period. In genealogy anyhting is possible until proven otherwise so let me know if i can assist in anyway possible.

Krishna
MrJulal

Postby skisquash » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:57 pm

Thanks...let me know if you find anything. How do you personally pronounce Julal. I know that for folks needing to fit in slight altering of the names occurred.
skisquash

pronouced..

Postby MrJulal » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:10 am

well.. we pronounce it pretty much how its spelt ... JU-LAL with the the JU being short ... through your research have you nailed down a time period for the arrival or at least the part of the island the JOLLY name begun... I was going through some of my documents and it hit me that the names we research sometimes turn up in different ship records making it even harder to know.. who's who.. lol...
MrJulal

Return to Surnames J