JOHNSON - Bahamas, Abaco, Hope Town

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

JOHNSON - Bahamas, Abaco, Hope Town

Postby TedJ » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:55 pm

Ted Johnson, seeking info on Thomas Johnson (my GG Grandfather) b. May 18, 1824, m. 1847 Charlotte Bethel, b. Nov. 1830 St. James Methodist Church, Hope Town, Thomas died abt. 1853 and Charlotte had a 2nd marriage to Edward Russell, 9 kids and moved to Key West in 1873. Children of Thomas born in Hope Town: Belice Aug 8, 1848, Wm E. b. Sep 20, 1850 - d. Oct 18, 1912, Emily Ellen Mar 25, 1853. William Eldridge (my G Grandfather) went to Port Orange, FL 1867. m. Mary E. McDaniel, 11 kids. Port Orange is still the home of many of Thomas, Charlotte and Williams descendants. Any info on Thomas' parents or other siblings of Wm. Lots of info and photos to share.
Nathan Johnson b. 1791 and Catherine b. 1793 is the parents of Thomas Johnson, just found out April 09 from my Bahamas DNA test I am a match with one person from the Bahamas, one of Nathan Johnson's sons, Henry Baker Johnson, b. 1816 and moved his family to Key West in 1850s. I got Thomas Johnson birth record from the Bahamas Archives and he has the same parents as Henry, Martha and William, Nathan and Catherine Johnson of Abaco. Two other children of Nathan and Catherine are: Martha Elizabeth, b. 1819 and William Gardner Johnson b. 1821 both in Abaco. I matched a descendant of Henry Baker Johnson from Key West. Nathan Johnson was from Mystic, CT. and first shows up in the Bahamas marring Martha Witty, in 1811 and she dies in 1814, his 2nd marriage is to Catherine and his 3rd marriage is to Sarah Curry, 1836. Also, confirmed that Nathan and Catherine Johnson of Abaco is the parents of Thomas Johnson from the birth record Bahamas Archives found and sent me.
many thanks
Ted
TedJ

Return to Surnames J