DENNIE - St. Vincent, Chateaubelair

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

DENNIE - St. Vincent, Chateaubelair

Postby Dennie » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:28 pm

My name is Frances Dennie and I am looking for relatives. My grandmother's name was Joyce B. Dennie, born on January 1st, 1893.

My father, Alison Leroy Dennie, was born on October 2, 1925 in Chateaubelair and he was registered by David Dennie.

My grandmother also had a brother named Frederick Giles Dennie. I don't know my father's father or any other relatives from that time period.

Any information would be appreciated.
Dennie

Re: DENNIE - St. Vincent, Chateaubelair

Postby ctelfer » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:21 am

I have on my tree a Flora Isabel DENNIE from Chateaubelair married John Sandford DURRANT (b. 1880) at the Chateaubelair Weslyan Church in 1919. They had one daughter, Doris Louise DURRANT b. 1920. John S. DURRANT migrated to Boston, Massachusetts in 1921 and his wife and daughter followed shortly after. Sadly, Doris L. DURRANT died on Oct. 8, 1923 aged 3y 3m 24 d. from pulm. tuberculosis. There is little record of Flora and John together after that. John lived alone for a while then disappeared from record as well.
TELFER DURRANT CAMPBELL EDWARDS JOHN JACK McGREGOR TRUMPET McLEOD
ctelfer

Postby ctelfer » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:26 am

David A. DENNIE is listed as the father of Flora Isabel DURRANT, nee DENNIE on the passenger list of Flora's arrival in the US. Flora and her daughter left St. Vincent, sailed to Demerara, Guyana then to St John, New Brunswick Canada before finally arriving in Boston in 1923. Flora's aged is stated as being 24 years of age.
TELFER DURRANT CAMPBELL EDWARDS JOHN JACK McGREGOR TRUMPET McLEOD
ctelfer

Postby Dennie » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:24 am

Thank you very much for the information. This is great news. Will try and find out if David A. Dennie is my grandmother's brother. Thanks once again.
Dennie

Return to St. Vincent