Laffoon/Laffoone

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

Laffoon/Laffoone

Postby Bobster » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:06 pm

I’m looking for any information or relationships to the Laffoon/Laffoone families in the West Indies. The following information was provided to me by other people using the mentioned sources:
In volume 3 of Oliver’s book sets “Caribbeana”, George Laffoone is listed in the “Inhabitants of Nevis, with the number of their slaves, 13 March, 1707-8”.
In Volumn 2 of Oliver’s book sets “Caribbeana”, births were recorde of William and Theodoric (sic), sons of John Laffoon and his wife. Her name is not stated and I do not have dates.
In Volumn 2 of Oliver’s book sets “History of Antigua”, John Laffoon is witness to the will of William Musgrave of the parish of St. Anthony, Montserrat dated 29 July, 1780. Other witnesses were Peter Flanagan and John Mulligan.

From “The Monumental Inscriptions of the British West Indies”, by Vere Langford Oliver, there is mention of the Laffoon family. Quoting from the book, “This monumental record is dedicated to the piety of William Laffoon, Esqr, the only surviving son of ? (Not able to see the portion of the page).
To the memory of Sarah Ann Allen Laffoon who departed this life the 1st of June 1772. Also to the venerable memory of Mary Laffoon, his mother, who departed on the 21st of June 1773.
Also to the loved memory of three brothers:
Vizt John Laffoon, who departed on the 16th of January 1785
Thomas Laffoon, who departed on the 1st of December 1787
Charles Laffoon, who departed on the 11th of January 1789
Also: 1785 Aug 2, William Laffoon of St. Anthony’s, his bond of L8000 (8,000lbs). Laffoon’s plantation of 84 acres, No 3465.
Thanks to James C. “Jim” Lynch and LaVelda Faull for the provided information.
Bobster

Return to St. Kitts