BENNERS, Anne Maria – St Eustatius Island, born 1777.

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

BENNERS, Anne Maria – St Eustatius Island, born 1777.

Postby Aussie » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:57 pm

Trying to find details for the BENNERS family of St Eustatius.

Particularly any descendants of Anne Maria BENNERS (B 1777).

She is the Mother of Edward BENNERS (B 1824) and Grandmother of Charles PICKRAN (B 1854) who was married to Ann Eliza BENNERS (B 1851).

I am a descendant of their son Anselmo PICKRAN (B 1872) who left the Virgin Islands and travelled perhaps via England to end up in New Zealand.

Please respond with any information.

Kindest Regards
Aussie
Aussie

Re: BENNERS, Anne Maria – St Eustatius Island, born 1777.

Postby Lisa May » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:55 pm

The genealogy of my Grandfather, Charles Benners and his mother, Margaret Benners, was lost
years ago.

What I remember from it is the town named after the family and that either his parents or grandparents (I think it's his parents) are from. His Irish (grand)mother inherited a plantation where she fell for one of her slaves ([grand]father). They moved to and married in NYC. They raised 12 (ish) children in Brooklyn. My grandfather was the baby. I'll be in Belize this winter and plan to visit Benners.
Lisa May

Postby Lisa May » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:20 pm

I just found that my great grandparents were Isidore and Margaret Benners. My great grandmother was from Ireland.
Lisa May

Postby santel » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:17 pm

Have you looked at the inhabitants of the Danish West Indies - www.dkconsulateusvi.com/inhabitants/inh ... 052002.pdf There are a number of Benners/Benders in this list by Hugo Ryberg. Many inhabitants of St Eustatia moved to the DWI during conflicts in the early days of settlement, and then moved back - some family members were often left behind with every move.I've just found some of my ancestors who I thought were all on the DWI islands, in St Eustatia. I think movement and marriage between these islands was commonplace. Good luck. Another Aussie.
santel

Return to St. Eustatius/Statia