AMBLESTONE - Antigua

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

AMBLESTONE - Antigua

Postby Ona » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:59 pm

I am searching for relatives of John Amblestone family of Antigua, his daughter Maud Ethel Petgrave nee Amblestone is my mother's mother. I will be very much interested in family history.
Ona

Re: AMBLESTONE - Antigua

Postby Lewnox » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:35 pm

Hello Ona,

Thank you for your post. I have recently seen it. I am extremely excited.

My name is Kingsley Lewis and I got to know of the existence of this part of the family while doing research for a paper I was working on about 2 1/2 years ago on my grandmother's sister who had taught in Sierra Leone, Gold Coast and Nigeria. I was hoping that someone in Nigeria might have been able to help me.

I live in Antigua. Where are you living?

I will give you an outline of what I now know. My great grandmother was Margaret Colburn who Married Peter Ladoo. She had a sister named Eleanor Colburn who married Matthew Ambleston. Matthew & Eleanor had at least nine children of whom John William was the first. Your grandmother Ethel Maud Petgrave (born 1/4/1893 and baptized 24/5/1893) was his daughter. Another daughter who went to Nigeria with him was Edna Gertrude(born 24/7/1891 and baptized 2/7/1891).

Margaret and Peter Ladoo had several children including my grandmother, Charlotte, and my great aunt Catherine who taught in many places including Nigeria. I hope that we may be able to correspond a bit more as we attempt to fill in the blanks. We shall have to find a way to do that as we cannot post email addresses on this site. I look forward to your next post.

Kingsley
Lewnox

Re: AMBLESTONE - Antigua

Postby bimjim » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:56 pm

Kingsley...

This Index has a feature which allows Private Messaging. Look to the right of Ona'a Post above, and you will see

Ona

Click on the PM icon to the right of THEIR Post (not this one), and it will open a new page with a message form, already pre-filled with Ona as the destination. There you may continue any discussion you like, including an exchange of email addresses (or not, as you decide). Yoiu just need to type in a Subject, your message and then click on the Submit button.

Your message stays in the Outbox folder until it is viewed by the other person, then it is moved to the Sent folder, so you will always know the status of your message.

I hope that helps your search...

Best wishes,

Jim Lynch
bimjim
Site Admin

Return to Surnames A