ARCHER - Barbados, Speightstown

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

ARCHER - Barbados, Speightstown

Postby GlenysH » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:42 am

I am trying to find any information at all regarding Daniel ARCHER, he was baptised on 4 June 1842 in the Parish of St. Peter, Barbados. Parents names were John William and Elizabeth Jane ARCHER of Speights Town, father's occupation was Merchant Clerk.

The next record I have for him is his marriage to Rosaline DONNITHORNE in Australia in 1876, where he gives parents names as John William ARCHER and Elizabeth KENNEDY.

Also found him coming into Sydney, Australia from London on the ship "Conference" in July 1863, he was a seaman aged 21 years, deserted the ship, was caught and sent back to the ship. But he obviously came back again and stayed.

There must have been siblings and ancestors in Barbados,

Please help if you can.
GlenysH

Re: ARCHER - Barbados, Speightstown

Postby Stinger » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:54 pm

Hi Glenysh,

Do you know of any sibings or other family that he might have? I am looking for Benjamin Archer. I don't know When or where exactly he was born.

If you might have a Benjamin Archer in your family tree, I would love to get some information and see if he is the person that I am looking for.

Kind regards,

Brian
Stinger

Postby GlenysH » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:10 am

Hello Brian, thanks for your post. Unfortunately I don't think I can help you, I don't have a Benjamin ARCHER that I am aware of. The only definate things I know about Daniel ARCHER are his baptism date in 1842 and place, Speightstown, Barbados and names of parents John William ARCHER and Elizabeth KENNEDY. I'm sure there were siblings but I cannot find them or any other information regarding the parents. I know it all from when he married in Australia in 1876. This is one of my brick walls. I hope you get to find something about your Benjamin. Regards Glenys
GlenysH

Postby dlgchgo » Sun May 01, 2016 10:06 pm

Hello Glenys,

Do you still visit this forum? I came across your post. I am also looking for information regarding Archers of Speightstown, Barbados. My ancestor was born there around 1864 and immigrated to Florida around 1880. His name was Alexander Waterman Archer. I am trying to find information about his parents or any possible siblings.

Thank you!
dlgchgo

Postby GlenysH » Mon May 02, 2016 9:59 am

Hello dlgchgo
I still check this site on a regular basis, am ever hopeful of a post that will be helpful, sadly it has not happened yet.
My great grandfather Daniel Archer was baptised in Barbados in 1842. His parents John William Archer a Merchant Clerk of Speightstown and Elizabeth Kennedy. I have been unable to find any other information regarding them. Daniel came to Australia ? when and married in 1876 and had 9 children. It is about time I gave this some intensive research once again.
Good luck with your search. Glenys.
GlenysH

Postby dlgchgo » Mon May 02, 2016 3:30 pm

Hi Glenys,

Thank you for your response. I'm continuing my research. Along the way I've found stories of other men who immigrated from Barbados to Australia during the mid 1800s. For example, this was an interesting link: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.anc ... pafn19.htm

I support you in your Archer journey and I hope that we can stay in touch!

PS - another reference to a "John Archer" of Speight https://books.google.com/books?id=9hs5A ... er&f=false
dlgchgo

Postby gail holder » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:18 am

Good night

Am looking for infomation on Benjamin Archer of Speightstown, St Peter, Barbados.
He was a mechanic.
He and Ellen/Helen Cumberbatch got a girl child Lettice Maude Cumberbatch in 1899
Lettice had a child, unknown to date

Looking forward to responses
gail holder

Return to Surnames A