ALEXANDER - Grenada

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

ALEXANDER - Grenada

Postby Outram » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:58 am

Contacts with Hall ALEXANDER, b. 1816, m. 1842, d. 1868.

Had an estate in Grenada called Mt. Reuil but he died at Montreuil Estate. He was my gg-grandfather.

Anyone working on that line? Hope to hear from you.

Michael.
Searching for: Munro and Gun-Munro and Alexander's in Grenada
Outram

Re: ALEXANDER - Grenada

Postby yvonne emanuel » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:12 pm

:shock: I am not an Alexander BUT... my oldest living relative Muriel La Motte 1913, Grenada of Margret Alexander(Grenada) is.

I went to your web site and saw the write up about the "Alexanders" in Grenada and will inform the family.

Koral (GD) Muriel will leave this evening for Trinidad and will visit Muriel. I can't wait to share this with her.

While lookokng at the Registry last weeek at the Family Center I reviewed the Marriage Registry and found MANY Alexanders.

I will share them with you and see if you can conect the dots. Give me a chance to transpose them from paper to my spreadsheets and send them... I'm really excited... :D

Aunt Muriel had two daughters prior to leaving Grenada, Fedora Grant and Norma (LaMotte?). She died of cancer in Grenada. Norma was raised by the Alexanders.

WOW... If it snows tomorrow I won't go to the center but I will concentrate on trasnposing my research data

I just phoned Koral and she will check the mail and will inform Aunt Muriel . I just sent your page as a link to her. Hopefully she will see it prior to leaving. I told her that I would email her through another cuzin' in trini to keep her posted while she is away.

My goal is to connect the dots of research to Aunt Muriel then connect you to the dots and link Aunt Mureil and her children to the website up to the year 1717.. .

I know it's a tall order, but the data is unfolding everytime I view the film.

Yvonne
Tree Tracker
DeLaMotte, LaMotte, LaMothe, Belfon,Pollard, Moore (Grenada, Panama. Barbados St Lucia)...Agusta Moore and Mr. Pollard ,Barbados, moved to St. lucia had 4 or 5 children one named Roselind Pollard born 1898. married a Louis LaMotte Jr. in Panama
yvonne emanuel

Postby Outram » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:18 pm

Yvonne, Nice to get information from two side even though it is the same. Hope you have a great holiday. Michael. :D
Outram

Postby yvonne emanuel » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:59 pm

Good Morning David, :D

So glad to see your post. I am going to share your great research wuith some other family member who may be able to connect the dots with some of the names you mentioned. So happy to see you here.

I spoke with Aunt Muriel, b. 1913 (mother was Margaret Alexander) she is in San Juan, Trinidad until Wednesday of this week. She is well and what a sweetheart. :D

Thanks for sharing and I know we will be in touch :D . I know of "Beckles" in Trinidad.

Cuzin Choli
DeLaMotte, LaMotte, LaMothe, Belfon,Pollard, Moore (Grenada, Panama. Barbados St Lucia)...Agusta Moore and Mr. Pollard ,Barbados, moved to St. lucia had 4 or 5 children one named Roselind Pollard born 1898. married a Louis LaMotte Jr. in Panama
yvonne emanuel

Postby NAN » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:56 pm

ALEXANDER

I am researching my husband's family. Difficult to find information. My husband's father's name was Andrew Alexander and he was born in Grenada 1917 (?) At some time he moved to GUAYAGUYARE, Trinidad. He worked on his Uncle Otway's plantation, perhaps in 1945 or there abouts, as an overseer where the 2 products were coconuts and cocoa. Uncle Otway was from Scotland & he may have been born around 1870.

Andrew also grew other crops such as rice for his own benefit.

Andrew was also known as Andro, possibly, Mr. Andro. Children of Andrew are Andrew are Agnita, Russell, Demostheme & Thomas (Sonny), and their mother was Cecilia Paul.

Any information would be appreciated

NAN

Postby Outram » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:21 pm

Hello,

I have checked my records and can NOT match any of the names. Perhaps if you look at my website michael-outram.com you might find another match. You can get me through this Index.

Most of my Alexanders came from Inverkeithny, Banff, Scotland from about 1717.

Best wishes in your research.

Michael Outram
New Zealand.
Outram

Postby NAN » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:54 pm

Mr. Outram

Thank you for the information, I did see those two websites that you mention.

When I was looking at one of the websites, I saw that "Otway" was mentioned in regards to the Montreuil Estate, I wonder if it could be the same Otway that is related to my husband's father.
NAN

Postby DOC » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:50 pm

I have just renewed my research of the Alexander family from Grenada after making links with the family still there which I had no idea existed.

A group of us met up in London, UK a couple of weeks ago and have started a blog about our research and findings. Take a look at
https://grenadaweb.wordpress.com
(link replaced by Admin)
DOC

Postby NAN » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:59 am

Hello,

I went to your blog, but for some reason there are no words on the page.

I have been researching the Alexanders who left Grenada and went to Trinidad. Would you have any information to share?

Thank you,

Mrs Alexander
NAN

Postby DOC » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:29 pm

Nan

Sorry the link didn't work. Try https://grenadaweb.wordpress.com

Much of the information I have resulted from sharing with Michael David Outram so we know much the same. But I am now in touch with relatives in Grenada so may be able to answer any questions you have on the Alexanders.

You asked about Mr Otway. He was the last manager of Montreuil Estate and left to live in Barbados sometime before 1972. Don't know anything more about him.
DOC

Postby NAN » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:37 am

Thank you, that link works.
I signed up to follow the Blog.
Nice Blog.
My Otway must be a different one as the dates do not match up.

I posted a comment on your Blog regarding the slaves of the Estate and the name Alexander.
Is there any information regarding the slaves taking the surname of Alexander?
NAN

Return to Surnames A