ARMSTRONG, Barbados

Please do NOT post your email addresses here.
Contact available by Private Message ONLY (to avoid SPAM).

ARMSTRONG, Barbados

Postby terstan » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:07 pm

Terry Armstrong Stanley, seeking connections to William Griffith Armstrong and Clara Matilda Ward Armstrong.
terstan

William Griffith Armstrong

Postby Jim Armstrong » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:17 am

Terry,
I have 6 William Griffith Armstrongs in my line. Unfortunately I only have a spouse name for one of them. Do you have any other information such as birth or death date or place on Barbados which can narrow it down ?
Jim Armstrong

Postby terstan » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:12 pm

My William Griffith Armstrong was born 1846 in Barbados, married Clara Matilda Ward 1877. I have documentation on all of their children; my grandfather Samuel Maynard Archer Armstrong was one of the seven. All came to New York City. All but Thurstan Macy died there as well. Am most interested in ancestors of William Griffith. I have his father listed as Samuel Griffith and mother Elizabeth Maynard.

Am currently on extended vacation in Colroado with none of my family files. (suffering slight withdrawal!) Will certainly share what I have when back home in Missouri.
terstan

Armstrong - Barbados

Postby Sandbox » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:18 am

Hello Terstan and Jim

I too am searching for more information on this branch of the Barbados Armstrongs. My great-grandfather (Joseph Cave Armstrong) was 5th cousin to William Griffith. I have a lot of detailed information on the B'dos clan up to present descending from Edward and Anne Jones (1600's) that was initially collected by a relative in the 1970's. I would be very interested in pooling our individual knowledge to fill in blanks, especially on Armstrongs who emigrated to US in 1800's.

Look forward to hearing back from you.
Sandbox

Re: ARMSTRONG, Barbados

Postby SteveM » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:07 am

Hi Sandbox,

I am related to William Griffith Armstrong through my grandmother. Her maiden name was Gwendolyn Macy Armstrong. She was the daughter of Thurston Macy Armstrong. Who I believe was the son of William Griffith and Clara Matilda. Please contact me so we can compare notes.

Look forward to hearing from you.
SteveM

Return to Surnames A