Please follow this format for adding entries:
Subject: SURNAME (in capitals), Country - local area.
   (Example: LYNCH - Barbados, Bridgetown)
Body text: Your name, and a short note.
   (Example: James Lynch, seeking especially Hamlet LYNCH ca.1804)
 *Mandatory registration confirms your email, but others cannot access it.       *This Board is fully searchable. 
 *Please do not put your email address in any post.       *You will never receive SPAM from this source.
 Click HERE to register for the Irish Surname Index!Register 

Manual Registration is in effect... CLICK HERE!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Irish Surname Index Forum Index ->  Manual Registration, Terms Of Use - PLEASE READ

bimjim Reply with quote
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Manual Registration is in effect... CLICK HERE!

IMPORTANT:

DUE TO CONSTANT SPAMMING OF THIS FORM IT IS BEING WITHDRAWN FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. SO PLEASE CHECK BACK LATER.

MY APOLOGIES TO LEGITIMATE USERS, MY DISGUST TO THE PIMPLY-FACED BASEMENT DWELLERS WHO THINK THIS IS FUNNY.

AGAIN, TO THE LEGITIMATE USERS, PLEASE CHECK BACK LATER.

ADMIN

--

Manual Registration is in effect...

Hi, folks...

First, I offer you my apology, but this step is unavoidable for me.

IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE MESSAGE.

IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE MESSAGE.

As Administrator of several of these Indexes I have tried several ways to avoid the overwhelming load of mass registrations by SPAMmers trying to register so they can post their garbage. Some of my more devious work-arounds have been partly successful, but before long the load is there again and I waste too much time - sometimes as much as two hours EVERY DAY - working to throw out the real trash and keep the serious users.

So, if you wish to register on this Board, please go to the following address and send me an email using that form. If I accept your request I will register you myself manually - please see also Conditions listed below:
http://candoo.com/eirann/register.html

--

For verification purposes, you MUST provide ALL of the requested information in the registration form, and it MUST be relevant to this Board, or your request will be discarded. The Note is merely for me to ascertain that you are indeed a real person and not just software automatically filing yet another registration to drop in SPAM.

Since I also have a full-time job there may be a delay of (at most) 24 hours before I get to a valid registration, but I will get to it.

Please do NOT send impatient or threatening emails, as such will be sure to ensure denial of registration.

--

Conditions

1. In order that my own email address does not become the SPAM-filled garbage can it once was, you will receive an advisory from the Index when your registration has been completed. If not, please wait 24 hours and then try to Log In with the username and password you provided. If at that point it does not work yet, please wait a while longer and try again.

I do adjust passwords if the ones you request are not secure enough, so if you are trying to log in for the first time, check the registration email again - just in case I changed it.

Note: If you believe your registration has been discarded in error, please submit another registration stating that this is your second attempt. Again, I apologise for what seems to be Draconian methods, but I simply no longer have the time - or the inclination - to play games with the SPAMmers.

Please note: I do NOT keep registration request emails after I have completed a registration, nor do I keep any lists of email addresses to sell or give to others.

--

IMPORTANT: You are now REQUIRED to POST a valid (= worthwhile) message within two weeks of registering, or your registration will be removed. This also clears SPAMmers or hackers who may have successfully scammed their way onto the Index.

Please note: All new Posts are reviewed within 24 hours. Please understand that "nonsense" Posts will NOT hold a registration past the one calendar month cut-off - the idea is to help you get started on your quest, not to help you to procrastinate even longer.

--

My apologies for any inconveniences caused... this introduction is not intended to be rude, it's just that I may be frustrated at all the time I waste with "non-conformists". And thank you so much in advance for your patience.

Registration Form...
http://candoo.com/eirann/register.html
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Irish Surname Index Forum Index ->  Manual Registration, Terms Of Use - PLEASE READ
Page 1 of 1
Choose Display Order
User Permissions