Please follow this format for adding entries:
Subject: SURNAME (in capitals), Country - local area.
   (Example: LYNCH - Barbados, Bridgetown)
Body text: Your name, and a short note.
   (Example: James Lynch, seeking especially Hamlet LYNCH ca.1804)
 *Mandatory registration confirms your email, but others cannot access it.       *This Board is fully searchable. 
 *Please do not put your email address in any post.       *You will never receive SPAM from this source.
 Click HERE to register for the Irish Surname Index!Register 

WHITE Glensharrold Limerick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Surname Index Forum Index -> Surnames W

annemr Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:58 am    Post subject: WHITE Glensharrold Limerick

I have been researching the White family of Glensharrold with limited success.

Daniel White married Johanna Davenport in the late 1820s or early 1830s. Griffiths Valuation shows them living in Glensharrold. Their property is next to White's River.

Daniel died at Glensharrold on 26/12/1875, aged 78, of dyspepsia and old age. Honoria died, aged 84, at Glensharrold on 25/10/1881 of chronic bronchitis.

Known children:
Johanna - married Richard Ebsworthy in Sydney, Australia in 1851 when she was 16 years old. She was an 'orphan' from Glin.

Mary - married John McNulty in Ballarat, Australia in 1854.

Margaret - married Alexander Young in 1959 in Ballarat, Australia. (My direct ancestors)

John - remained in Ireland and married Hanora Lane and had a family. on Feb 29, 1876. Their children were baptised in Ardagh:
Twins – Daniel and Catherine (21/11/1876), Ellen on 22/2/1878 and another set of twins, Honora and Thomas (15/7/1881)

Going back through correspondence I have found that Thomas White (youngest child of John White and Hanora Lane) died at St Ita's Hospital on 29/12/1939, aged 56 years. He was from Carrickerry, Athea, Co. Limerick. Thomas lived in the family home in Glensharrold until the 1930s and is buried in Templeathea Cemetery. It appears he was not married.

Catherine White was known as Katie White and is listed in the 1901 Census as Head of Household of House 8, living with Thomas and Nora at Glensharrold.

In the 1901 Census, John White is living with John and Nora Liston – shown as their uncle… in House 2. In 1911, John Liston and his sister are shown living at House 7.

In the 1911 Census, John Whyte (widower) and son, Thomas, are shown living at House 1, Glensharrold.

I would be delighted to hear from anyone researching this family. Many thanks.
Anne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Surname Index Forum Index -> Surnames W
Page 1 of 1
Choose Display Order
User Permissions