Please follow this format for adding entries:
Subject: SURNAME (in capitals), Country - local area.
   (Example: LYNCH - Barbados, Bridgetown)
Body text: Your name, and a short note.
   (Example: James Lynch, seeking especially Hamlet LYNCH ca.1804)
 *Mandatory registration confirms your email, but others cannot access it.       *This Board is fully searchable. 
 *Please do not put your email address in any post.       *You will never receive SPAM from this source.
 Click HERE to register for the Irish Surname Index!Register 

Irish-American Trade, 1660-1783

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Surname Index Forum Index -> Offers of local research and interest...

bimjim Reply with quote
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Irish-American Trade, 1660-1783

I have this book, "Irish-American Trade, 1660-1783" with an Index Nominum (index of names) and can do lookups on request.

Pretty much all of this book is also available on Google Books (on the internet).

Happy Jackie Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: HOLMES - Derry or Kerry, Ireland

Can you please look up Samuel Holmes for me. It would be before 1780 as he left Ireland at that time. Thank you. His father could be John if there is anything in that area for a John Holmes I'd appreciate it. Thanks. Good site. sorry not more used.

bimjim Reply with quote
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject:

I wish I had better news for you, but there is no Holmes in the book's Index at all.

I also looked in the Original Hotten's Lists, and while there is an entry for a Samuel and about four for a John Holmes, but they are all between 1635 and 1678, and in reference to persons leaving England for Virginia (USA).

The "Omitted Chapters" addendum book of Hotten's Lists has no Index entry for either Christian name under Holmes.

Most of the reference books I have deal with records in the Caribbean, mainly Barbados, so there's nothing more I can add.

Happy Jackie Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Thanks

Thanks. Appreciate your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Surname Index Forum Index -> Offers of local research and interest...
Page 1 of 1
Choose Display Order
User Permissions