Caribbean Historical Preservation Institute Forum Index
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search Caribbean Historical Preservation Institute Forum Index

IMPORTANT: Manual Registration Now In Effect...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Caribbean Historical Preservation Institute Forum Index »  NEW: IMPORTANT: Manual Registration Now In Effect...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bimjim
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: IMPORTANT: Manual Registration Now In Effect... Reply with quote

Hi, folks...

First, I offer you my deepest apology, but this step is unavoidable for me.

IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE MESSAGE.

As Administrator I have tried several ways to avoid the overwhelming load of mass registrations by SPAMmers trying to register so they can post their garbage. Some of my more devious work-arounds have been partly successful, but before long the load is there again and I waste too much time - sometimes as much as two hours EVERY DAY - working to throw out the real trash and keep the serious users.

So, if you wish to register on this Board please go to the following address and send me an email using that form.
Please ensure you specify the CHPI as the Board you want to join!!
If I accept your request I will register you myself manually - see also Conditions listed below:
http://www.candoo.com/chpi/register.html

--

For verification purposes, you MUST provide ALL of the requested information, and it MUST be relevant to this Board, or your request will be discarded.

Since I also have a full-time job there may be a delay of (at most) 24 hours before I get to a valid registration, but I will get to it. Please do NOT send impatient or threatening emails, as such will be sure to ensure denial of registration.

--

Conditions

1. You will receive an advisory from the CHPI Board that your registration has been completed. Please keep that email because it will contain and confirm your username and password.
(If the password you provided is insecure, I will substitute another.)

I discard your registration email once I have registered you so, while I can refresh/replace your password in the future, I cannot access it from the database once you have been registered and the registration email has been discarded.

Note: If you believe your registration has been discarded in error, please submit another registration stating that this is your second attempt. Again, I apologise for what seems to be Draconian methods, but I simply no longer have the time - or the inclination - to play silly games with the SPAMmers.

2. (NEW) IMPORTANT: You are now REQUIRED to POST a valid (= worthwhile) message within one calendar month of registering, or your registration will be removed by the Administrator. This clears SPAMmers who may have successfully conned their way onto the Board.

--

My apologies for any inconveniences caused... and thank you in advance for your patience.

Jim Lynch
The Administrator

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Caribbean Historical Preservation Institute Forum Index »  NEW: IMPORTANT: Manual Registration Now In Effect... All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: