Caribbean Historical Preservation Institute Forum Index
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search Caribbean Historical Preservation Institute Forum Index

NEW: IMPORTANT: Manual Registration Now In Effect...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Caribbean Historical Preservation Institute Forum Index »  Discussion with the Administrator
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bimjim
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: NEW: IMPORTANT: Manual Registration Now In Effect... Reply with quote

Hi, folks...

First, I offer you my apology, but this step is unavoidable for me.

IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE MESSAGE.

As Administrator I have tried several ways to avoid the overwhelming load of mass registrations by SPAMmers trying to register so they can post their garbage. Some of my more devious work-arounds have been partly successful, but before long the load is there again and I waste too much time - sometimes as much as two hours EVERY DAY - working to throw out the real trash and keep the serious users.

So, as of today (August 30), if you wish to register on this Board please go to the following address and send me an email using that form. If I accept your request I will register you myself manually - see also Conditions listed below:
http://www.candoo.com/registration/index.html

--

For verification purposes, you MUST provide ALL of the requested information, and it MUST be relevant to this Board, or your request will be discarded.

Since I also have a full-time job there may be a delay of (at most) 24 hours before I get to a valid registration, but I will get to it. Please do NOT send impatient or threatening emails, as such will be sure to ensure denial of registration.

--

Conditions

1. In order that my own email address does not become the SPAM-filled garbage can it once was, you will NOT receive an advisory from me that youir registration has been completed. Please wait 24 hours and then try to Log In with the username and password you provided. If at that point it does not work yet, please wait a while longer and try again.

Note: If you believe your registration has been discarded in error, please submit another registration stating that this is your second attempt. Again, I apologise for what seems to be Draconian methods, but I simply no longer have the time - or the inclination - to play games with the SPAMmers.

2. After Logging In successfully, please go to your Profile and CHANGE your temporary password to something you will remember. I do NOT have access to passwords currently in the database.

3. Important: While in your Profile, please ensure that the two Notification checkboxes are set to ON. These ensure you will be notified by the Board if someone responds to your Post/s or sends you a PM (Private Message).

Please note: The Board sends you these messages, NOT the PM sender. Until you respond to the sender with such information there is NO way for them to know who you are or what your email address is.

4. (NEW) IMPORTANT: You are now REQUIRED to POST a valid (= worthwhile) message within one calendar month of registering, or your registration will be removed by the Administrator. This clears SPAMmers who may have successfully scammed their way onto the Board from the database.

--

My apologies for any inconveniences caused... and thank you in advance for your patience.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Caribbean Historical Preservation Institute Forum Index »  Discussion with the Administrator All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: